Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When you see a spider do you.......gently let it outside OR smash it gone for good?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just found a spider in my dryer and I couldn't do much, but let it go.......it got me thinking about what others might do.

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM
It depends, if its a poisonous spider or a harmful spider I will kill it if it'd inside, I won't attempt to catch one, but other then that I will catch it then release it.
JoEllyn1962
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I trap them and let them go outside. (I usually put a paper cup over them, and then slide a piece of paper underneath, then quickly flip the cup over, holding the paper over the top of the cup.) Spiders are beneficial insects as they trap and eat lots of bugs, so I don't kill them.

I was bit on the ankle by a sac spider a few years ago. It was incredibly painful-it felt like a needle was being jammed into my ankle, and a hot match was being held on my skin. This pain did not stop for nearly an hour. (I took benedryl to counter act the venom, and then I felt better. I called poison control, and they told me to do this.) The spot where I was bit was itchy for an entire month, and red for six months! And yet, despite this, I did not kill the spider that bit me. (I had trapped it in a cup, in case I had problems later, I would know what type of spider bit me.) I really wanted to smash him to death, for the trouble he casued me, but I figured he was just being a spider, and probably bit me as I startled him. (I had moved something he was behind-he jumped out and bit me.)

I have been bitten two times since then , both times while gardening. Once, I got a skin infection which needed a doctors visit, and the other time my foot swelled up so bad I had to go to the ER. Spiders apparently like to bite me, and yet I still don't kill them. I just try and do a better job of staying away from them.

-JoJo

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!!!! This!!! Lol 

Quoting beadingmom17:

This about sums it up!

4x4x16mom
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Burn my house down, move, buy all new spider free stuff.
midnightmooncom
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Let it out
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM

inside i go for the kill

outside it can live

bkwrmem
by Emily on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

if they are inside i get dh and make him kill them. i let some live by our front door under the trim of the roof keeps the bees from making hives there.

littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Yep this.
If were outside and it's too uncomfortably near me or my house then I kill it too lol
I don't want that fucker waltzin in my house, no thank you

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Yes!!!! This!!! Lol 

Quoting beadingmom17:

This about sums it up!

MsTRock
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Smash the living hell out of it. We most often get them in the bathtub, and I wash those down the drain after smashing them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)