Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When you see a spider do you.......gently let it outside OR smash it gone for good?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just found a spider in my dryer and I couldn't do much, but let it go.......it got me thinking about what others might do.

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Replies (41-49):
luvnature
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I kill them if they are in the house. Usually, if they are outside, I leave them alone, but it all depends where they are. near the house or the garage, they die, away from the house, they live. I have gotten bit quite a few times in my life and walked in webs too many times to like the nasty things. if my one cat gets a hold of a spider, then it will get ripped apart one leg at a time then it will be left there until we flush it down the drain lol. yeah I have one sadist cat in my house lol. 

I am terrified of spiders.

scoleman828
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM
This. Goes for pretty much any bug.

Quoting momdoes:

If its in the house, it dies. If its outside, it lives.

kidlover2
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Exactly. The spider chooses its own destiny.

Quoting momdoes:

If its in the house, it dies. If its outside, it lives.

peggytoo
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Outside, I just go in another direction.  In the house somewhere, well it is a goner.  In the house near an outside door, do my best to shoo it outside.  On me, well I scream and have more moves than Jackie Chan.

joeannaanthony
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I know of a friend who lost her mom due to spider bite. But she had been for a hiking in the forest and hats how it bit her.  Generally the ones that we see at home are non venomous. But we can use an insect spray to drive it away.

RADmomma
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

depends on the spider and its location.

daddy long legs stay.  if its outside or in the basement it stays... if its upstairs I ususally vacuum it up and then dump it outside.

chaslee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I pick "other"  I am terrified... and I do mean terrified of spiders, so if I see one I shriek and then we have a staring contest until my husband comes home and lets it loose outside (unless it is a black widow or recluse, then he kills it).

Imjustinsmommy
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM

i either let it be or if it bothers me i take it outside. 

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Because I have been bitten by both a Brown Recluse and a Black Widow and suffered quite a bit from that I smash them and make sure they are fully dead and thrown in the trash or outside. I used to live in Arizona and if something sat for ten minutes outside there was a black widow in it. Same thing when I lived in Chino, California. I don't tolerate spiders period but I have good reason not too. Both times I was bitten was when I was in bed asleep, but we never found either spider. Kept me awake for weeks afterwards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)