Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does your husband play video games?

My husband drives me crazy he comes home from work sits on his butt and plays video games for hrs. It is his way to behind down but still he is 30 and not to mention it takes of the TV. I just wish he would wait a little while to play and spend time with us or help with things around the house. But he does work 60hrs a WK so I guess I shouldn't complain
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (111-119):
MrsCissel2011
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM
You are moronic and clearly have no Dh. Stop hating on real MEN because you don't have one.

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Your choice of language forces me to not take you seriously. Grown up women do not use bad language. Either that or they are not clever enough to speak properly. Go away.

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

This is probably the most ignorant thing anyone has said in this post thus far.y husband plays video games and he is a man not a boy he served our country and protected your dumbass. Think before you speak ignorant fool.

Quoting MidwestMama55:

MEN do not play video games. BOYS play video games. Enough said.

MidwestMama55
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM

You are cute and funny. Just celebrated 22 years of happy marriage to a wonderful man and father. And no, he does not play video games. He has grown up stuff to do. 

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

You are moronic and clearly have no Dh. Stop hating on real MEN because you don't have one.

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Your choice of language forces me to not take you seriously. Grown up women do not use bad language. Either that or they are not clever enough to speak properly. Go away.

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

This is probably the most ignorant thing anyone has said in this post thus far.y husband plays video games and he is a man not a boy he served our country and protected your dumbass. Think before you speak ignorant fool.

Quoting MidwestMama55:

HelloSweetie
by TheDoctorsWife on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM

He does play video games. I don't care though. I facebook and cafemom

HelloSweetie
by TheDoctorsWife on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Well it seems like video games are maybe not of your generation. Men can and do play video games and really, why do you feel the need to attempt to belittle women's husbands because some play and yours doesn't?

Quoting MidwestMama55:

You are cute and funny. Just celebrated 22 years of happy marriage to a wonderful man and father. And no, he does not play video games. He has grown up stuff to do. 

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

MidwestMama55
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Hmmmm. I played plenty of video games in my time, just not once I was a married adult. The OP is wondering about her husband playing video games. In the exchange below I think the person doing the belittleing was not me. The OP wanted opinions from women with husbands. I gave mine and got a response from someone who disagreed. Is this not a forum for discussion?  There has been a wealth of research done on adult men playing video games. Along with it's social implications.  It's out there for anyone to look at.  Thank you for your response. I appreciate your point of view. 

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Well it seems like video games are maybe not of your generation. Men can and do play video games and really, why do you feel the need to attempt to belittle women's husbands because some play and yours doesn't?

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

HelloSweetie
by TheDoctorsWife on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

While I don't really agree with exactly how she replied to you, when your first reply does insult men who play video games by calling them boys, calling our husbands "boys" is belittling. Women don't generally like thier husbands being insulted, especially over something rather mundane, like a way they choose to spend free time. I personally can't stand video games for myself. My husband and dd love them. I don't get it but I do see they enjoy it and it doesn't disrupt our lives so I'm happy they have something the like and can sometimes do together. It frees me for Facebook and Cafemom time.

yes this is a forum for discussion by why must our replies be intended to "put down".  As grown women, I should think we could and should be capable of replies that express our opinions without insulting or belittling another for their choices. But thats just me.

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Hmmmm. I played plenty of video games in my time, just not once I was a married adult. The OP is wondering about her husband playing video games. In the exchange below I think the person doing the belittleing was not me. The OP wanted opinions from women with husbands. I gave mine and got a response from someone who disagreed. Is this not a forum for discussion?  There has been a wealth of research done on adult men playing video games. Along with it's social implications.  It's out there for anyone to look at.  Thank you for your response. I appreciate your point of view. 

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

darciegenito
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I like video games too so it really doesn't bother me.  Sometimes we play together, and he doesn't play too much where it takes over our lives.

MidwestMama55
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Thank you for your response.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

While I don't really agree with exactly how she replied to you, when your first reply does insult men who play video games by calling them boys, calling our husbands "boys" is belittling. Women don't generally like thier husbands being insulted, especially over something rather mundane, like a way they choose to spend free time. I personally can't stand video games for myself. My husband and dd love them. I don't get it but I do see they enjoy it and it doesn't disrupt our lives so I'm happy they have something the like and can sometimes do together. It frees me for Facebook and Cafemom time.

yes this is a forum for discussion by why must our replies be intended to "put down".  As grown women, I should think we could and should be capable of replies that express our opinions without insulting or belittling another for their choices. But thats just me.

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

HelloSweetie
by TheDoctorsWife on Oct. 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM

You're very welcome :P

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Thank you for your response.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)