Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does your husband play video games?

My husband drives me crazy he comes home from work sits on his butt and plays video games for hrs. It is his way to behind down but still he is 30 and not to mention it takes of the TV. I just wish he would wait a little while to play and spend time with us or help with things around the house. But he does work 60hrs a WK so I guess I shouldn't complain
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Only with the kids (really just DS, DD doesn't have much interest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
He is playing a video game right this second. GTA 5.

I will be so glad when the newness passes.
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM
My dh was a big gamer way back when we first got married. Since having kids, he usually only plays games with my ds that are appropriate for him and only for an hour or two a week. Every once in a while, he will play a game.after the kids go to bed for a few hours, but very rarely.
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM

We both play

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Nope
luvnature
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM

yes my dh plays videos games, but he only plays the regular nintendo games. there's a tv in our room upstairs with the nintendo plugged in it and that is where he plays his games and watches his movies. my dh plays his games in the morning for a few hours, that is his way to completely wake up before doing anything else. and sometimes he will go up and play his games when dd and I are watching tv. my dh is 46 and he works a lot. he works around the yard quite a bit as well, so him playing video games really doesn't bother me at all. 

squeakers2
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Yes, DF plays. He works anywhere from 50 to 70 hours a week. Gaming is his way to relax. He spends some time with the kids when he first comes. If our 1 yr old wants Daddy, he takes him up to our room with him and he sits in Daddy's lap while he plays. Our 4 yr DD and his 7 yr old son know they can go up at anytime and spend time with him. We are the type to go out a bunch. He usually stops playing when I come to bed and we watch a movie or tv show together before falling asleep. Its been this way for the 5 years we've been together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Thank God no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Knjp3589
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
My hubby plays after we all go to bed on his days off cause he works 3rd shift an has to stay up all night. Sometimes I play with him. I don't get mad cause it doesn't interfere with family time an he is only on them after the kids an I go to bed.
RADmomma
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM

my husband plays video games but not as soon as he comes home. He waits until the girls are asleep and I am comfy in bed reading my book... or on the weekends he will play with our oldest. They enjoy video game time together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN