Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you buy.....

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you buy things that are Handmade? I am curious how often you try to buy handmade and if something you prefer to be made by a factory?

I love all things handmade. Even when it is purchased from someone else to give to me as a gift I much rather have handmade than mass produced items. Then what ever i t is is more unique and less likely that someone else is wearing or have that same item..... 

SO what do u buy if anything that is handmade

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sister_Someone
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I don't and wouldn't go out of my way for it. If I like something and it happens to be handmade, awesome, if not, just as well.

northernmommy
by Jen on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
When the choice available is mass produced or handmade I'm more apt to buy handmade but more often than not I'll try and make it myself if I'm capable.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If i can find a good product , it does not matter where it is made.   I have a friend who has hand sewn (well her machine) quilts and different clothing for dd.   When i go to a farmers market i will take a look at the household items that are handmade.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
it depends. i like to support local artisans but unfortunately I dont really have alot of time to get to art fairs
RADmomma
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I think it depends in the item, quality & price. I prefer homemade but its not always available
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM
This time of year DD and I hit a lot of craft shows and get our holiday shopping underway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

If I can find handmade stuff that isn't outrageously priced, I'll buy it. I get most of my handmade stuff from my mom, who has awesome skills and doesn't charge me.

robbinsroost
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I do, but rarely. I make a lot of the things I would like to buy.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
This is my feeling as well.
Quoting Sister_Someone:

I don't and wouldn't go out of my way for it. If I like something and it happens to be handmade, awesome, if not, just as well.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

i like homemade jam..lol..does that count?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)