Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

WHATS GOING ON NOW IN DC!!! *link*

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

Share info on what is going on in DC here ...let's all stay informed! What are your thoughts?!?!
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Vets-Plan-Rally-at-World-War-II-Memorial-227574101.html
Mrseoc
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I read an article on Natural News that basically claimed the government shutdown is just something to scare the people. I guess most of the government that we can't "see" is still operating (to the tune of 83%) everything that is shut down.. the parks.. the jobs that are on hold... WIC this is all just to scare us. Really it just makes me mad. I feel like the government as we know it is simple a bunch of power hungry men who love to watch us middle class citizens squirm. Most of the money that they spend.. the decisions that they make is all without us knowing. They only tell us citizens what they want to. Anything that will scare us into "behaving" or anything that will make us believe that they have our best intrests in mind. None of its the real deal. None is the whole story. And this government shutdown is a metophorical "foot stomp" by the angry Republicans over the new healthcare reform. They outright will not let it happen. However they also no longer want to fund WIC or welfare. I think its all a mess and if there could be an alternative besides strait anarchy I would be all about this idea of lawless taxless world.
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM
In my opinion how the government has treated our military and veterans during this shut down is downright disrespectful and wrong. I'm proud that we have Americans in DC right now! I'd be there if I were closer.
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Bump
strongforthem
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Idiocracy. That is what's going on in DC.
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM
What do you mean?

Quoting strongforthem:

Mrseoc
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Its a play on words. Idiots and democracy. It also is a movie that should be shown 24/7 on comedy central while this whole shutdown plays out
strongforthem
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I feel like we have been bombarded with a bunch of idiots, who are no where near qualified to do their job sufficiently. How difficult is it to represent the people? The idiots in charge can't even cooperate in the best interest of the country, much less the people. I name it, an idiocracy lol

Quoting starreyedcutie:

What do you mean?

Quoting strongforthem:

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I agree...the government has gotten too big and too powerful and they are on a power trip

Quoting strongforthem:

I feel like we have been bombarded with a bunch of idiots, who are no where near qualified to do their job sufficiently. How difficult is it to represent the people? The idiots in charge can't even cooperate in the best interest of the country, much less the people. I name it, an idiocracy lol

Quoting starreyedcutie:

What do you mean?

Quoting strongforthem:

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I heard a rumor that EBT cards were shut down. Is that true?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)