Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat!

What's on your mind?  How is your week going?  What are your plans for this weekend?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

have a nice day  

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. ((HUGS)) and really I think it helps if you find someone in your life who you can talk to about your pain. Is there a counselor, a close friend, or someone at your church who you could discuss this with?

Quoting angelluv2013:

hi I just lost my 20 yr old son 2 wks ago he fell 60 ft 4 yrs ago he died from a heart attack I don't no how to deal wit this an need someone to talk to my days r one day I cry next day I am mad next day confused next day not talk an it gets in a pattern plz help ty

IyarisMommy11
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I live in East Orange, NJ close to Bloomfield and Montclair,NJ I'm sorry what's MOPs?

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Where do you live?  Have you looked into MOPs?

Quoting IyarisMommy11:Hello Moms I'm having a rough time finding Mom friends in my area I don't know where to look I have been to the park and everything its like I'm just there by myself but I just need some moms to relate to and have friends for my little girl I know she probably sick of just being around me all the time lol she ned some friends and so do I

Randoodle89
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:41 PM

So far, no reactions other then when he cried after they did the shot :( . They gave him a dose of tylenol before we left.  He does eat like a little piggy though, lol.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Aww, poor little one.  Is he having a hard time with the after-shot reactions?

Quoting Randoodle89:

Well, yesterday was my youngest's 2 month check up. Had to have shots :(. As for this weekend- some sleep (maybe, ha ha) and possibly take the boys to my parents since they don't get to see them that much.

Randoodle89
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Yes and no. My mom lives like 5 miles away but is teaching through the week and my dad is working in OH so he comes back here on fridays and leaves Sunday night/Monday morning to be at work. My dad has only seen my youngest one 5 times since he was born.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Are they far away from you?

Quoting Randoodle89:

Well, yesterday was my youngest's 2 month check up. Had to have shots :(. As for this weekend- some sleep (maybe, ha ha) and possibly take the boys to my parents since they don't get to see them that much.

mommygirls86
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Its been a very hard emotional week already! Have a lot to get done this weekend. My husband wants me to throw a party for his new promotion which is overwhelming because everything has to be perfect and things for him! Than findin out I'm pregnant again with baby #4 so soon!:( Dealin with toddlers all day everyday is very draining. I'm sure most of you can relate! They are 3&2. I'll be takin them to the pumpkin patch sat mornin. So I'm sure they will enjoy that and the hay rides:) than Sun dinner with my in laws. That should be fun!:/ lol....
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM

We love it too.  Plus, it's good for the budget. ;)

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I'm expecting a busy day here at work today, but it should be fun too.  There are a lot of things to do around the house and my daughter is fixing dinner tonight (tomato soup and grilled cheese, which made my son smile big when I told him that this morning, it's the simple things).

Interesting, just saw a police car storm down the street, lights & sirens blaring.  I wonder what's going on.

I like tomato soup and grilled cheese.Havent had that in a long time

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Why not?  The more the merrier!  lol

Quoting ScrChk23:

Dinner sounds good.  Can I come over?

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I'm expecting a busy day here at work today, but it should be fun too.  There are a lot of things to do around the house and my daughter is fixing dinner tonight (tomato soup and grilled cheese, which made my son smile big when I told him that this morning, it's the simple things).

Interesting, just saw a police car storm down the street, lights & sirens blaring.  I wonder what's going on.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

If you're willing (daring enough) to go into my kids' bathroom, you bet it's worth it!  lol

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Sure I would be glad to clean the bathrooms! Is it worth $49.98 to ya ? LOL! jk-I have a Samsung R355c & it works ok just the space bar doesn't work anymore & it's getting old. I've been wanting a Blackberry for a long while now but they've always been too expensive.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Would you please come clean my 3 bathrooms too?  My kids' bathroom is probably the worst..

What kind of phone do you have now?

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

I am giving my bathroom a much needed cleaning! I am thinking about a phone I want/need cause mine is starting to have problems after 2 yrs but I don't have the money right now 4 it! It's on sale too for $49.98-the Blackberry Curve 9310 at walmart online! Darn it!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM

It's Mothers of Preschoolers.  Usually held in a church hall or rec center.  I belonged to a group when my youngest was little.  It's a nice way to get out and meet other people.

Quoting IyarisMommy11:

I live in East Orange, NJ close to Bloomfield and Montclair,NJ I'm sorry what's MOPs?

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Where do you live?  Have you looked into MOPs?

Quoting IyarisMommy11:Hello Moms I'm having a rough time finding Mom friends in my area I don't know where to look I have been to the park and everything its like I'm just there by myself but I just need some moms to relate to and have friends for my little girl I know she probably sick of just being around me all the time lol she ned some friends and so do I

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM

You're welcome, we're glad you're here!

Some of the members in our state groups do meet up for playdates, but many of us are spread all over the globe.

Quoting jena123456:

Thank you for being so inviting.  Do you ever meet for playdates?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN