Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's Chat!

What's on your mind?  How is your week going?  What are your plans for this weekend?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

have a nice day  

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. ((HUGS)) and really I think it helps if you find someone in your life who you can talk to about your pain. Is there a counselor, a close friend, or someone at your church who you could discuss this with?

Quoting angelluv2013:

hi I just lost my 20 yr old son 2 wks ago he fell 60 ft 4 yrs ago he died from a heart attack I don't no how to deal wit this an need someone to talk to my days r one day I cry next day I am mad next day confused next day not talk an it gets in a pattern plz help ty

IyarisMommy11
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I live in East Orange, NJ close to Bloomfield and Montclair,NJ I'm sorry what's MOPs?

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Where do you live?  Have you looked into MOPs?

Quoting IyarisMommy11:Hello Moms I'm having a rough time finding Mom friends in my area I don't know where to look I have been to the park and everything its like I'm just there by myself but I just need some moms to relate to and have friends for my little girl I know she probably sick of just being around me all the time lol she ned some friends and so do I

Randoodle89
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:41 PM

So far, no reactions other then when he cried after they did the shot :( . They gave him a dose of tylenol before we left.  He does eat like a little piggy though, lol.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Aww, poor little one.  Is he having a hard time with the after-shot reactions?

Quoting Randoodle89:

Well, yesterday was my youngest's 2 month check up. Had to have shots :(. As for this weekend- some sleep (maybe, ha ha) and possibly take the boys to my parents since they don't get to see them that much.

Randoodle89
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Yes and no. My mom lives like 5 miles away but is teaching through the week and my dad is working in OH so he comes back here on fridays and leaves Sunday night/Monday morning to be at work. My dad has only seen my youngest one 5 times since he was born.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Are they far away from you?

Quoting Randoodle89:

Well, yesterday was my youngest's 2 month check up. Had to have shots :(. As for this weekend- some sleep (maybe, ha ha) and possibly take the boys to my parents since they don't get to see them that much.

mommygirls86
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Its been a very hard emotional week already! Have a lot to get done this weekend. My husband wants me to throw a party for his new promotion which is overwhelming because everything has to be perfect and things for him! Than findin out I'm pregnant again with baby #4 so soon!:( Dealin with toddlers all day everyday is very draining. I'm sure most of you can relate! They are 3&2. I'll be takin them to the pumpkin patch sat mornin. So I'm sure they will enjoy that and the hay rides:) than Sun dinner with my in laws. That should be fun!:/ lol....
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM

We love it too.  Plus, it's good for the budget. ;)

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I'm expecting a busy day here at work today, but it should be fun too.  There are a lot of things to do around the house and my daughter is fixing dinner tonight (tomato soup and grilled cheese, which made my son smile big when I told him that this morning, it's the simple things).

Interesting, just saw a police car storm down the street, lights & sirens blaring.  I wonder what's going on.

I like tomato soup and grilled cheese.Havent had that in a long time

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Why not?  The more the merrier!  lol

Quoting ScrChk23:

Dinner sounds good.  Can I come over?

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I'm expecting a busy day here at work today, but it should be fun too.  There are a lot of things to do around the house and my daughter is fixing dinner tonight (tomato soup and grilled cheese, which made my son smile big when I told him that this morning, it's the simple things).

Interesting, just saw a police car storm down the street, lights & sirens blaring.  I wonder what's going on.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

If you're willing (daring enough) to go into my kids' bathroom, you bet it's worth it!  lol

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Sure I would be glad to clean the bathrooms! Is it worth $49.98 to ya ? LOL! jk-I have a Samsung R355c & it works ok just the space bar doesn't work anymore & it's getting old. I've been wanting a Blackberry for a long while now but they've always been too expensive.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Would you please come clean my 3 bathrooms too?  My kids' bathroom is probably the worst..

What kind of phone do you have now?

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

I am giving my bathroom a much needed cleaning! I am thinking about a phone I want/need cause mine is starting to have problems after 2 yrs but I don't have the money right now 4 it! It's on sale too for $49.98-the Blackberry Curve 9310 at walmart online! Darn it!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM

It's Mothers of Preschoolers.  Usually held in a church hall or rec center.  I belonged to a group when my youngest was little.  It's a nice way to get out and meet other people.

Quoting IyarisMommy11:

I live in East Orange, NJ close to Bloomfield and Montclair,NJ I'm sorry what's MOPs?

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Where do you live?  Have you looked into MOPs?

Quoting IyarisMommy11:Hello Moms I'm having a rough time finding Mom friends in my area I don't know where to look I have been to the park and everything its like I'm just there by myself but I just need some moms to relate to and have friends for my little girl I know she probably sick of just being around me all the time lol she ned some friends and so do I

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM

You're welcome, we're glad you're here!

Some of the members in our state groups do meet up for playdates, but many of us are spread all over the globe.

Quoting jena123456:

Thank you for being so inviting.  Do you ever meet for playdates?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN