Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Had a good day! Did you?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 18 Replies

Did you ladies have a good day today? Why or why not?

It was an emotional day for the family, but we still made the best that we could of it. Today marked one year that my grandmother passed away. October wasn't kind to us at all last year. My friend's stepdaughter and her friend was killed in a car accident last year. The day of their funeral is when my grandmother passed away. My friend's stepdaughter came over often and my grandmother smile and laugh - really brightened her day. So, today we had a little get-together with out immediate family and of course my friend. Although it was emotional at first, we ended up having so much fun and ate tons of food. My family actually proved that we can get together without fighting for a change!

My son actually shocked me. The graveyard has a big portion of my family buried at it, most of them that passed away before I was born. In a row, I have great-aunts and uncle and great-grandparents then my grandparents at the very end. My son was two headstones down and kept jumping up and downing shouting "It's papa! Look! It's papa!" I looked at my mom and she had this look of fright on her face. I asked her, "who's buried there?" She said, "that is my grandfather that passed away a couple months before your brother born." There is something about this kid that is special - he just seems to know things and it's weird! Call me crazy, but if you guys only knew the creepy things he has told me.

So what did you guys do today? Sorry so long!

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Im at work and its slow so im playing catch up for my supervisor tomorrow
CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Awww! That kind of sucks, but the bright side is you have a job in this crazy world =) At least you can get some things done that are behind as well. 

Quoting jiffypop2207:

jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I only work 2days per week so its not too bad,

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Awww! That kind of sucks, but the bright side is you have a job in this crazy world =) At least you can get some things done that are behind as well. 

Quoting jiffypop2207:

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Good deal

Quoting jiffypop2207:

I only work 2days per week so its not too bad,

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting jiffypop2207:

fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Not much-didn't do the cleaning with my daughter that I expected to,I was on the computer a lot of the day. Molly played around going through clothes & deciding what to get rid of ,what to keep. She kept a lot! I was going to make sphaghetti for dinner but ended up making chicken rice with baked chicken patties in it. It sucked!

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I slept the majority of it.

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Don't feel bad! We all have those days. How did you make the rice? I like to add veggies to it ands can of cream of celery soup then put the chicken on top and bake it. When it's just about done, top it with cheese if you like cheese. Yum!

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Not much-didn't do the cleaning with my daughter that I expected to,I was on the computer a lot of the day. Molly played around going through clothes & deciding what to get rid of ,what to keep. She kept a lot! I was going to make sphaghetti for dinner but ended up making chicken rice with baked chicken patties in it. It sucked!

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Sleep! I wish I could do that

Quoting waytomanykids10:

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Sleeping pills are an amazing invention.

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting waytomanykids10:

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:22 AM

I was on them at one point, but I felt so weird after waking up because of them. I just felt like I was in another time or space.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Sleeping pills are an amazing invention.

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN