Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Did you ladies have a good day today? Why or why not?

It was an emotional day for the family, but we still made the best that we could of it. Today marked one year that my grandmother passed away. October wasn't kind to us at all last year. My friend's stepdaughter and her friend was killed in a car accident last year. The day of their funeral is when my grandmother passed away. My friend's stepdaughter came over often and my grandmother smile and laugh - really brightened her day. So, today we had a little get-together with out immediate family and of course my friend. Although it was emotional at first, we ended up having so much fun and ate tons of food. My family actually proved that we can get together without fighting for a change!

My son actually shocked me. The graveyard has a big portion of my family buried at it, most of them that passed away before I was born. In a row, I have great-aunts and uncle and great-grandparents then my grandparents at the very end. My son was two headstones down and kept jumping up and downing shouting "It's papa! Look! It's papa!" I looked at my mom and she had this look of fright on her face. I asked her, "who's buried there?" She said, "that is my grandfather that passed away a couple months before your brother born." There is something about this kid that is special - he just seems to know things and it's weird! Call me crazy, but if you guys only knew the creepy things he has told me.

So what did you guys do today? Sorry so long!

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Replies (11-18):
waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I normally don't take them, today was just one of those days I didn't want to deal with life. 

Quoting CrystalYaris:

I was on them at one point, but I felt so weird after waking up because of them. I just felt like I was in another time or space.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Sleeping pills are an amazing invention.

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Sleep! I wish I could do that

Quoting waytomanykids10:

I slept the majority of it.

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Sounds like you are having a rough patch :/ Sorry! Whatever it is, I hope all works out for ya!

Quoting waytomanykids10:

I normally don't take them, today was just one of those days I didn't want to deal with life. 

Quoting CrystalYaris:

I was on them at one point, but I felt so weird after waking up because of them. I just felt like I was in another time or space.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Sleeping pills are an amazing invention

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Oh I will bounce back, I always do.

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Sounds like you are having a rough patch :/ Sorry! Whatever it is, I hope all works out for ya!

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Sleeping pills are an amazing invention

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Hugs! 

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting waytomanykids10:

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Thanks

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Hugs! 

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting waytomanykids10:

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Took a 2 hour country ride with my girls, took the camera, then made cookies, and edited photos from last night's smash cake session.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM

That sounds like fun! What kind of cookies did you make? My favorite are snicker doodles

Quoting lapcounter:

Took a 2 hour country ride with my girls, took the camera, then made cookies, and edited photos from last night's smash cake session.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Chocolate chip, peanut butter.

Quoting CrystalYaris:

That sounds like fun! What kind of cookies did you make? My favorite are snicker doodles

Quoting lapcounter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)