Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you use your kids

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 11 Replies
To not go into work? My roommate just took her 16 month old to the hospital because her fever is 101 and she gave her ibprophin 20 minutes ago and it didn't help. Baby is fine not crying happy and acting just fine. I said try giving her Tylenol. She said "well this way I can get a note not to go to work today", I have never used my own child to not go to work.

I really think its silly that she would rack up another bill paid by the government then take advice from a mom who has been there. But she would rather not go to work. Yet she complains about not having money.

Anyways I could go on, have you ever used your kids to get out of something?
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM

We don't have a cleaning lady, but I'd do the same thing as you.  Tidy up and let her do some deep cleaning.

TatyBear
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I never needed notes for work. But hell ya I used them to get a day off of work here and there.

Said they were sick and not in school that day or whatever. Not all the time or anything but a few times a yr I did.

I worked 45 hrs a week. That was just mon-friday. And as a single mom some times I just needed a me break.
NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I dont use them for a work excuse but it has been a reason not to go to a party or something social.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I get the party or social event.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I dont use them for a work excuse but it has been a reason not to go to a party or something social.

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

this

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Lol, she isn't a single mom like that single mom implies. She has her baby daddy, me, and my brother in her house that help raise the baby. So there are four adults and four kids in the house. I have one, she has one, and her baby daddy has two from a previous marriage. Its not like any of us can't care for baby or that she "takes care of everything her self" 99% of the time my brother or I do the house work, neither of them do anything. But yell and sit on their ass.

I understand needing a break, she works for a bank and gets the weekend off. She does nothing after work but complain. Anyways I'm just going to avoid today and sit in bed all day as I'm sick myself and feel miserable. I woke up at 5 because I was uncomfortable and miserable. I'm going to take some more musinex and get some hot tea and honey and try to go back to bed.

Quoting TatyBear:

I never needed notes for work. But hell ya I used them to get a day off of work here and there.

Said they were sick and not in school that day or whatever. Not all the time or anything but a few times a yr I did.

I worked 45 hrs a week. That was just mon-friday. And as a single mom some times I just needed a me break.

TatyBear
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM
See I live in Ontario where parents are protected when working. They cannot fire us for taking time off from our families being sick or whatever.

There are limits. And some take advantage of it.

I used it a lot more when I was pregnant with my 3rd and stood 9-10 hrs on my feet a day. Lol I couldn't handle it so I used my kids as an excuse a little more till I got my note for bed rest 3 months before DD was born. Lol

But under Normal issues maybe 3-4 times a whole yr I did it. Lol

Quoting Bookoholic:

Lol, she isn't a single mom like that single mom implies. She has her baby daddy, me, and my brother in her house that help raise the baby. So there are four adults and four kids in the house. I have one, she has one, and her baby daddy has two from a previous marriage. Its not like any of us can't care for baby or that she "takes care of everything her self" 99% of the time my brother or I do the house work, neither of them do anything. But yell and sit on their ass.

I understand needing a break, she works for a bank and gets the weekend off. She does nothing after work but complain. Anyways I'm just going to avoid today and sit in bed all day as I'm sick myself and feel miserable. I woke up at 5 because I was uncomfortable and miserable. I'm going to take some more musinex and get some hot tea and honey and try to go back to bed.

Quoting TatyBear:

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Depends. If I didn't have someone who didn't mind watching a sick child I would not hide the sickness with copious amounts of fever reducers and go to work. I probably would bring baby in before giving meds to get a sick note, but that's because my baby needed me.
I've totally used them to get out of social events I wanted to skip.
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM
There are three adults besides her living in the home one is dad, dad doesn't work, I am disabled, and my brother is looking for work but till then doesn't mind watching any kids. So nope none of us mind watching a sick little one.

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Depends. If I didn't have someone who didn't mind watching a sick child I would not hide the sickness with copious amounts of fever reducers and go to work. I probably would bring baby in before giving meds to get a sick note, but that's because my baby needed me.

I've totally used them to get out of social events I wanted to skip.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Awesome I mean really awesome. I think I want to move to Ontario now. I'm not that far away, I live in Washington now.

Quoting TatyBear:

See I live in Ontario where parents are protected when working. They cannot fire us for taking time off from our families being sick or whatever.

There are limits. And some take advantage of it.

I used it a lot more when I was pregnant with my 3rd and stood 9-10 hrs on my feet a day. Lol I couldn't handle it so I used my kids as an excuse a little more till I got my note for bed rest 3 months before DD was born. Lol

But under Normal issues maybe 3-4 times a whole yr I did it. Lol

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting TatyBear:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)