Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm a smoker, just wonderinng who's out there who smokes.

Joni

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
Chirinos
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Never have never will. I hate it when other people smoke around me I can't breath around it.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Nope! I quit almost 5 years ago. And haven't looked back once.

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM

congrats!  good fo you!

yes.  i have smoked on and off for years... BUT i was always a secret smoker. like.. never smoked anywhere but in the dark hidden corner of my back yard lol.  i never smoked very much.. maybe 5-7 at most in a day.  
if you can get to 2 months you can DO IT all the way..FOREVER.  its all mental now.  you just have to stay strong and not think "oh ... i can have just a couple here and there" stay fully quit.  i wont say that having one while out drinking will lead to starting back up.. BUT i do know that for me personally.. buying a pack with the intent to just smoke one cause i am super stressed ALWAYS leads to starting back up.

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

It's been two months for me, too. I hope I can stay quit after the baby's born. Were you the only smoker in your home?

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

recent quitter here lol ..its been 2 months.

LuvsHopesDreams
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Thanks for your encouragement. I can't imagine what it must be like to hide your smoking all the time. No one knew??? I haven't done that since I was a teen hiding it from my parents. I was at a pack a day when I found out I was pregnant. My husband smokes, so when I've gotten stressed it's been a challenge. Thanks again, and congrats--you're doing great!!!

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

congrats!  good fo you!

yes.  i have smoked on and off for years... BUT i was always a secret smoker. like.. never smoked anywhere but in the dark hidden corner of my back yard lol.  i never smoked very much.. maybe 5-7 at most in a day.  
if you can get to 2 months you can DO IT all the way..FOREVER.  its all mental now.  you just have to stay strong and not think "oh ... i can have just a couple here and there" stay fully quit.  i wont say that having one while out drinking will lead to starting back up.. BUT i do know that for me personally.. buying a pack with the intent to just smoke one cause i am super stressed ALWAYS leads to starting back up.

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

It's been two months for me, too. I hope I can stay quit after the baby's born. Were you the only smoker in your home?

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:31 PM

my husband knew of course.  and my oldest kid (she is 20), but not my youngest ... and my dad knew - but never saw me.  other than that.. secet lol.  i never smoked when out - even if i was out all day.  i would publicly smoke one or two if it was a party atmostphere but that was only if someone i knew was and i could bum a cig off of them lol.

i cant imagine trying to quit if someone else was smoking.  ugh.. too much temptation and you have made it aleadt to a couple of months .. thats AWESOME!.  does he want to quit?

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

Thanks for your encouragement. I can't imagine what it must be like to hide your smoking all the time. No one knew??? I haven't done that since I was a teen hiding it from my parents. I was at a pack a day when I found out I was pregnant. My husband smokes, so when I've gotten stressed it's been a challenge. Thanks again, and congrats--you're doing great!!!

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

congrats!  good fo you!

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

LuvsHopesDreams
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:46 PM
No, he's been pretty good about going outside and keeping it away from me. But we've never smoked in the house, so I KNOW what he's doing (and we always went out on the back deck after we put our son to bed--it was kind of our time to talk and relax together-and, of course, smoke). That's why I'm a little nervous about how I'll do after our girl is born. I just have to keep focused. I bet your hubby and daughter are thrilled you quit.

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:my husband knew of course.  and my oldest kid (she is 20), but not my youngest ... and my dad knew - but never saw me.  other than that.. secet lol.  i never smoked when out - even if i was out all day.  i would publicly smoke one or two if it was a party atmostphere but that was only if someone i knew was and i could bum a cig off of them lol.i cant imagine trying to quit if someone else was smoking.  ugh.. too much temptation and you have made it aleadt to a couple of months .. thats AWESOME!.  does he want to quit?
Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:Thanks for your encouragement. I can't imagine what it must be like to hide your smoking all the time. No one knew??? I haven't done that since I was a teen hiding it from my parents. I was at a pack a day when I found out I was pregnant. My husband smokes, so when I've gotten stressed it's been a challenge. Thanks again, and congrats--you're doing great!!!

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:congrats!  good fo you!yes.  i have smoked on and off for years... BUT i was always a secret smoker. like.. never smoked anywhere but in the dark hidden corner of my back yard lol.  i never smoked very much.. maybe 5-7 at most in a day.  if you can get to 2 months you can DO IT all the way..FOREVER.  its all mental now.  you just have to stay strong and not think "oh ... i can have just a couple here and there" stay fully quit.  i wont say that having one while out drinking will lead to starting back up.. BUT i do know that for me personally.. buying a pack with the intent to just smoke one cause i am super stressed ALWAYS leads to starting back up. 
Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:It's been two months for me, too. I hope I can stay quit after the baby's born. Were you the only smoker in your home?

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:recent quitter here lol ..its been 2 months.
Mazou80
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:46 AM
My husband is a smoker..i have one every now and then and really enjoy it... With a nice coffee or girls chit-chat. It can be real pleasure if u are not dependent upon it.
NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Nope. My kids and l have asthma and we can't be around it.
XJetX
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Yea, but not in the house or around DD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jl89
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I do. Not inside anything. Only outside. I do need to either try to quit or go to e-cigs. It's really much too expensive for my budget. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)