Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's get to know you! SURVEY FUN!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 46 Replies

Hi, Since this is the NewComers group we have many new members who we'd love to get to know better. I'm sure they'd also love to read all about our veteran members too! Its a fun for all to get to know all about eachother & some interesting differences as well as some friends we have things in common with too! so lets get started! please copy & past & fill in YOUR answers for this survey. don't forget to read & comment/reply on others answers as well =)

SURVEY:

1. how long have you been on cafemom ?

2. Do you have kids? pregnant? Trying? if so tell us how many kids, ages, gender, or where you are on your pregnancy journey!

3. what country are you in & if USA, what state?

4. are you a stay at home mom or do you work outside the home or work from home?

5. married? engaged? dating? single?

6. any pets? if so what? feel free to post pics we love to see them!!

7. what are your biggest challenges in motherhood?

8. what's your favorite part of being a mom ( if pregnannt or not a mom yet what are you looking forward to most)

9. favorite tv show

10. favorite food

11. what is the thing you can bake or cook BEST?

12. any talents?

13. what advice would you give a 1st time mom?

14. do you have a phobia? what is it?

15. as of NOW what's your favorite movie.

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imjustinsmommy
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM

1. how long have you been on cafemom    i was on for my son when i was pregnant with him so 6 yrs?

2. Do you have kids? pregnant? Trying? if so  tell us how many kids, ages,  gender,  or where you are on your pregnancy journey!    yes, I have 2 boys my oldest is 5 yrs old , my baby is 21 months

3. what country  are you  in & if  USA, what state? im in new York

4. are you a  saty at home mom or do you work outside the home or work from home?  im a stay at home mom. but id love to work from home

5. married? engaged? dating? single? married, 9 1/2 yrs together 15 =)

6. any pets? if so what? feel free to post pics we love to see them!! i had a cat of 19 yrs sadly we lost her   in febuary =(

7. what are your biggest challeneges in motherhood?   for me I  think its my  bad anxiety.. it keeps me limited i think & id love to do more with my kids. patience with my  5 yr old too.

8. what's your favorite part of being a mom (  if pregnannt or not a mom yet what are you looking forward to most)  hearing them laugh & smile, watching them learn & play.  I love wacthing them interact together & with  daddy.. so sweet & can't forget those sweet hugs & kisses love my lil guys

9. favorite tv show..  I dont even rememeber anymore haha they take over the tv, i like ellen, I like big bang theory  anything fun & light

10. favorite food  mexican!!!!  also vegan

11. what  is the thing you can bake or cook BEST?   i love to bake cookies &  banana cho. chip muffins  . im not a great cook but i do make a  good lasagna & hot wings says my family ( as a vegan i cant taste it though)

12. any talents?  poetry.. and hmm im  good with helping ppl  as far as advice I think or so they tell me

13.   what advice  would you give a 1st time  mom?  enjoy it,  you're nOT the worst mom we all have done most of the same  woopsies.. and as mjuch as a screaming baby wants to make you rip your hair out.. try to think of moms who lost theirs.. i know for me it works & that scream is a blessing

14. do you have a phobia? what is it? MANY, im agoraphobic so  leaving my home is HARD. im not scared of most normal things though like spiders or stuff.

15. as of NOW what's your favorite movie.  hmm I just saw pitch perfect &  it was FUNNY!!

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

1. how long have you been on cafemom?

Been here since June 2009 when I found out I was pregnant with my son

2. Do you have kids? pregnant? Trying? if so  tell us how many kids, ages,  gender,  or where you are on your pregnancy journey!

I have one boy and he is 3 years old. And he will more than likely be my only one

3. what country  are you  in & if  USA, what state?

Tennessee

4. are you a  saty at home mom or do you work outside the home or work from home? 

I am currently a stay at home mom, but searching for a new job.

Dating, been with him for a year

I have a dog that is 9 months old

7. what are your biggest challeneges in motherhood?

potty training so far, he will go pee but the poop part is still a challenge

8. what's your favorite part of being a mom (  if pregnannt or not a mom yet what are you looking forward to most)

My favorite part is all the little laughs. Kids are so funny without even trying! =)

9. favorite tv show.. 

I love the Big Bang Theory!

10. favorite food

anything Mexican

11. what  is the thing you can bake or cook BEST?

I think I'm a great cook, but the best thing I have made so far was this pineapple pork chop thing

12. any talents?

Cooking! lol

13.   what advice  would you give a 1st time  mom?

Don't be afraid to ask questions

14. do you have a phobia?

I'm afraid of clowns and afraid of death

15. as of NOW what's your favorite movie

The Sound of Music

Imjustinsmommy
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM

i love mexian & im watching big bang theory now lol

Quoting CrystalYaris:

2. Do you have kids? pregnant? Trying? if so  tell us how many kids, ages,  gender,  or where you are on your pregnancy journey!

I have one boy and he is 3 years old. And he will more than likely be my only one

Tennessee

4. are you a  saty at home mom or do you work outside the home or work from home? 

8. what's your favorite part of being a mom (  if pregnannt or not a mom yet what are you looking forward to most)

My favorite part is all the little laughs. Kids are so funny without even trying! =)

9. favorite tv show.. 

10. favorite food

anything Mexican

I think I'm a great cook, but the best thing I have made so far was this pineapple pork chop thing

12. any talents?

Cooking! lol

The Sound of Music

Imjustinsmommy
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM

3 for 3 love big  bang theory LOL. i also had to lose my pet   this yr, feb we had to put down my cat of 19 yrs & im still not over it at all =(

Quoting Alana1303:

1. A few months
2. A 2 year old daughter
3. North Carolina
4. Work outside home. I'm a teacher.
5. Married
6. 2 dogs(puppies). We had to put our other dog down in January. Still heart broken...
7. My biggest challenge as a mom is second guessing myself.
8. I love being a mommy because I love caring for my little one and seeing the world through her eyes.
9. Big bang theory. For better or worse. Duck dynasty. Arrow.
10. I dong have a favorite food. I prefer variety.
11. I don't cook or bake.
12. I play the piano and sing. I like to write short stories or song lyrics. I love solving word scrambles ( if that's a talent lol)
13. Everything doesn't have to be perfect. One day you will look back and laugh at some of your mistakes. Try to enjoy every moment it goes by too fast!
14. Deathly afraid of spiders. Even ones that can barely be seen. I have night terrors often of spiders. It's horrible!!

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I always watch an episode or two when I'm laying in bed trying to prepare myself to sleep! =) My boyfriend hasn't had any form of international food until he got with me. He says I do great with Mexican food (I was raised around it), but my Asian cooking is his favorite (I was married to a Japanese-Somoan previously).

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

i love mexian & im watching big bang theory now lol

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Tennessee

9. favorite tv show.. 

10. favorite food

anything Mexican

12. any talents?

Cooking! lol

The Sound of Music

luvnature
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

1---Since April 2013

2---I have 2 kids. Son age 24 and daughter age 22. Both still living at home.

3---Canada

4---yes I am a sahm

5---married 25 yrs

6---I have 2 cats

7---I face challenges every single day since my dd is sn

8---I don't have a favourite part of being a mom because I love everything about being a mom

9---Bones, CSI and Criminal minds

10--don't have a favourite food

11--I don't really know what I cook or bake best. I know I'm an awesome cake decorator

12--photography, cross stitch and plastic canvas crafts as well as cake decorating

13--the only advice I have is to do your best at raising your kids and love them unconditionally.

14--spiders

15--too many to name.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
1. how long have you been on cafemom ?
Since 2010

2. Do you have kids? pregnant? Trying? if so tell us how many kids, ages, gender, or where you are on your pregnancy journey!
1 kid. He will be 2 on thanksgiving day.

3. what country are you in & if USA, what state?
Texas

4. are you a stay at home mom or do you work outside the home or work from home?

SAHM

Married 9 years

1 dog

7. what are your biggest challenges in motherhood?

Lack of sleep!! My kid still doesn't sleep though the night!

8. what's your favorite part of being a mom ( if pregnannt or not a mom yet what are you looking forward to most)

Hearing my son laugh! I would do anything to make that happen.

9. favorite tv show

Right now, maybe The Little Couple

10. favorite food

Fresh turkey

11. what is the thing you can bake or cook BEST?

Um... I don't know what I do best. There's lots that I make very well! Not brownies though. I suck at making them!

12. any talents?
No

13. what advice would you give a 1st time mom?
Sleep when your baby sleeps! I'm not kidding! The house can wait! Laundry can wait! Get what sleep you can!

14. do you have a phobia? what is it?
Snakes, heights

15. as of NOW what's your favorite movie.
Twilight series
JleeB
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1. A few months.

2. One little girl, 16 months.

3. Michigan, USA.

4. Wahm

5. Married

6. No pets. I'm severely allergic to most animals.

7. I worry wayyy too much.

8. I love her hugs and kisses and all her little milestones amaze me. :)

9. HGTV shows lol

10. Chicken

11. Hubby says "white trash chicken", chicken parm, feta chicken, homemade banana bread and pork chops. Lmao

12. I'm quite crafty and pretty good at most sports.

13. Chill out. It's ok if they eat that cracker off the floor lol

14. Clowns. I am terrified of them. Ever since I was a child.

15. Pitch perfect and the fast and the furious saga. I have too many favs it's hard to choose. :)
Alana1303
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1. A few months.
2. I have a 2.5 year old daughter. I would like to have more kids.
3. I live in North Carolina.
4. I am a teacher.
5. I am married.
6. I have 2 puppies. They are brothers. Named Gus and Toby. I had to put my other dog Emma down in January...
7. My biggest challenge is that I always overanalyze and second guess myself.
8. I love caring for my daughter, teacher her and seeing the world through her eyes.
9. The big bang theory. For better or worse. Arrow... There's more I can't think of now...
10. I do not have a favorite food. I prefer variety!
11. I do not bake or cook.
12. I play the piano and sing. I proof read papers (for friends). I love word scramble games.
13. Everything will not go perfectly. One day you will look back and laugh and smile at the memories. Don't stress! Enjoy every moment!
14. I am deathly afraid of spiders. Any size. I current suffer from night terrors about spiders. It is horrible.
15. I don't have a favorite movie... I generally like comedy's though!
BNC1100
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM

1. how long have you been on cafemom ? About a month or so

2. Do you have kids? pregnant? Trying? if so tell us how many kids, ages, gender, or where you are on your pregnancy journey! I have 5 of my own 2 boys 3 girls, the boys are 6 and 10, the girls are 8, 13 ,and 16 then I also have 2 SS and 1 SD my SS and 10 and 12, and my SD is 6

3. what country are you in & if USA, what state? USA, OHIO

4. are you a stay at home mom or do you work outside the home or work from home? SAHM but I want to be a WAHM

5. married? engaged? dating? single? I am married

6. any pets? if so what? feel free to post pics we love to see them!! yes we did have 2 dogs but 1 recently passed away and we also have 3 teenage cats

7. what are your biggest challenges in motherhood? Well probably feeling like I am mother hubbard lol

8. what's your favorite part of being a mom ( if pregnannt or not a mom yet what are you looking forward to most) watching them grow into human beings

9. favorite tv show  Game of Thrones, Survivor, Banshee, Shameless

10. favorite food used to be mexican but I cant eat it very much anymore

11. what is the thing you can bake or cook BEST? Apple Pie

12. any talents? Yep lots

13. what advice would you give a 1st time mom?Don't freak out over every little thing. After the first your pretty much a pro.

14. do you have a phobia? what is it? yep. I fear everything. I have agoraphobia seriously so I do have alot of fears and phobias

15. as of NOW what's your favorite movie. Hmmmm, I dk of anything recent. What Dreams May Come was my favorite

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN