Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today Is Oct 15 Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 164 Replies
9 moms liked this

I am feeling very emotional and overwhelmed today Today is national pregnancy and infant loss awareness day, Oct 15. I hate that I have to take part, this is not a holiday, its a very sad day for me. Every 1 & 4 women go through a loss of some kind. I personally have had 3 Miscarriages, one at 14 weeks,one at 10.5 weeks and one at 8 weeks.Unfortunately my storm continues I wish this pain on nobody ever not even on my worst enemy. Nobody will ever understand what a Grieving mother and father go through everyday. I will be lighting my candles tonight for All the Angels taken to soon and mine that are in heaven.

sids,preg&infant loss

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taz1993
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I lost one in 98. I was around 10 weeks pregnant.
l0vemybabies236
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM

i am so sorry for your loss i have lost 3 all miscarriages 14 weeks,10.5 weeks and 8 weeks

Quoting taz1993:

huntersmama711
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I was blessed to have my daughter for 14 and 1/2 months. The heartbreak is something I live with everyday. I'm sorry for your losses.
taz1993
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Sorry for your loss. Ive only loss the one.

Quoting l0vemybabies236:

i am so sorry for your loss i have lost 3 all miscarriages 14 weeks,10.5 weeks and 8 weeks

Quoting taz1993:

aliciajw1985
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I am sorry for your loss but thank you for sharing. I am actually going thru this as we speak.  We found out last Monday 10-7 that our baby was ectopic. We had to begin Methotrexate injections on Monday but ended up having emergancy surgery on Thursday. I was bleeding into my abdomen. We found out after surgery it was an ovarian ectopic not tubal so it has been a hard week. We are unsure if we will try again but if we do we have already been told we are at a much higher risk for loss again and can not try for 6 months to a year.

Schaiswife09
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Ive also lost three babies. You are right. No one understands unless they've experienced it. Sorry for your losses :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pjsncoffeetime
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

so sorry

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:25 PM

We lost our first daughter at 36 weeks after 7 years of infertility.. It's been 10.5 years since we lost Kahlan. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM

my daughter died from a birth defect 5 hours after birth. it's not a holiday, or a day of celebration. i agree.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I lost a baby October 31st 2012

I was suppose to be 8 weeks and the bleeding started I rushed in for a scan and found my baby was only measuring at 4 weeks.

The next day I went back in for another scan and my baby was gone. It was the worst pain I have ever been thru. Physically and emotionally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN