Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

sacral dimple???

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 5 Replies
Does anyone have any experience with a sacral dimple? My lo was born 2 weeks ago and he has a sacral dimple. His pedi doesnt seem too worried but she wants to do an ultrasound on it to make sure its nothing serious. This has me FREAKING out. He has great mobility in his legs and thats why shes not too worried. Also if you have a lo who has had one, what did.they do to diagnose it and/or treat it?
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

From what I have read, most are harmless and don't need treatment. Those that do need treatment - it depends on the cause.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sacral-dimple/DS00753

JaggersMommy1
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
thank you very much for replying!

Quoting Bmat:

From what I have read, most are harmless and don't need treatment. Those that do need treatment - it depends on the cause.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sacral-dimple/DS00753

MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd has one. They did an ultrasound at birth and found no issues.

She will be 3 in December and we haven't had any issues with it at all. She walked early at 8months and she climbs and gets into everything.

It hasn't slowed her down in the least.
demonica29
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Wow, I was in trouble when mine took off across the living room at nine months,network weeks. Yeah, I was not nearly childproofed enough for a walker yet. 

Quoting MommeeTo4:

My dd has one. They did an ultrasound at birth and found no issues.

She will be 3 in December and we haven't had any issues with it at all. She walked early at 8months and she climbs and gets into everything.

It hasn't slowed her down in the least.

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My brother (24) was born with one, and it was diagnosed as spina bifida occulta. I was born with the myelomeningocele form of spina bifida, so it wasn't so much of a surprise that he had a form of it as well. Anyway, he has never had any issues related to it. He's very active and athletic, insanely smart, and typical in every way (other than being my dweeb younger brother, lol!).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN