Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HIPPA AND PATIENT INFO

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
Without saying too much, who can you contact anonymously to let HIPPA know that someone that no longer works for our office has our EMR system on their computer and can still access all of our patients info?

This is wrong on so many levels and the patients have no idea. They think only people in the office have access.
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Andylund
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I'd start at health and welfar like the main office were u live the one that over sea hospitals and let them know or adult protection can help. I'm a CNA and when we had " state"they coverd that
Andylund
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Sees*
Tairy-Hesticles
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Why would they still have access? Your employer should have had all access removed when the person stopped working there. What EMR system is it?
MomTo2SillyBoys
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Because this person is considered perfect. My employer gave it to this person and it's quite irritating for everyone in the office.

Quoting Tairy-Hesticles:

Why would they still have access? Your employer should have had all access removed when the person stopped working there. What EMR system is it?
Tairy-Hesticles
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Your employer could be totally fucked. I'm sure if you google Hippa contact # you can find out. If pts were to find out about this, all hell would break loose

Quoting MomTo2SillyBoys:

Because this person is considered perfect. My employer gave it to this person and it's quite irritating for everyone in the office.

Quoting Tairy-Hesticles:

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:08 AM

This page has information on how to report a HIPAA violation.  Anyone who knows about a violation can file the complaint.

ForeverLawst
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Andrea0412us
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
PLEASE file the complaint. You can do it without giving your info, and it needs to be done. I've been in the healthcare field for years and can't imagine having someone violate my privacy like that! I also can't fathom a dr giving a former employee full access either though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)