Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would you do?? How would you handle this?? Please help need advice ASAP PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 22 Replies

Last night i got a call from a really good friend of me who has been having a rough patch with her BF. They have only been together for like 5 or 6 months but she is already starting to fall for him and there is a chance she could be pregnant by him right now. She told me that her BF is moving out and back in to his grandma's house for atleast a month because she is sick and cant be left alone. She said it will only be untill his aunt gets a better job where she can help out more or gets a better schedule at work. She understands that his heart is in the right place and hopes that while he is gone they can still work on there relationship and get back to where they were. She is devistated and heartbroken right now and hates to see him go. He said he thinks a litle break will be good for them. But she worries that his grandma or aunt will poisiom him against her because for whatever reason they dont like her and they are trying to break them up. If this was your BF or husband how would you handle it what would you do?? I need to give her some advice to easy her pain a little and maybe help her understand that if its meant to be it will be. If you love him set him free if he comes back to you then its meant to be. Plwease any help or advice would be great thanks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamashealovekin
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:32 AM
My advise would be to let him take care of his family, but to make sure she talks to him and let's him know she is worried that he may leave her because of his family. Don't have her make it seem like he has to choose between them, but saying something would allow him to be aware of get concerns. When you say she said he wanted a break it sounds to me that he's hinting at he's ready to move on, but in a nice way. But hey that's just me and I may be wrong. Hope it helps
jenking04
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM

He says they wouldnt be breaking up and that they can still work on their relationship. He said it will just be like it was before he moved in. He will still be living in the same town as her. And the problem is he works graveyard so they only time they really see eachother now is when he gets home in the morning and when he wakes up for dinner and to get ready for work,

Quoting mamashealovekin:

My advise would be to let him take care of his family, but to make sure she talks to him and let's him know she is worried that he may leave her because of his family. Don't have her make it seem like he has to choose between them, but saying something would allow him to be aware of get concerns. When you say she said he wanted a break it sounds to me that he's hinting at he's ready to move on, but in a nice way. But hey that's just me and I may be wrong. Hope it helps

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder. If it's ment to be it's ment to be. Better to find out know rather than a year or two into the relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Thats what i was telling her to. But shes been so upset and heartbroken over this shes been up all night crying. She just lost her job last week as well so this all comes at a really ad time for her. When he leaves she will probably lose everything because shes not working

Quoting lapcounter:

Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder. If it's ment to be it's ment to be. Better to find out know rather than a year or two into the relationship.

Dekia
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM

My husband couldn't go and live anywhere else, but with me. His family can come live with us. But him leaving his family with my approval isn't an option. Visa verse, However, the Bible puts it this way~Ephesians 5:31 “For this reason a man will leave [his] father and [his] mother and he will stick to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” Hope these work out.

mamashealovekin
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
That is true giving the situation. But distance could also mean other things. I'm not trying to be nagative but could there be some else? Or maybe he just needs time by himself. Some of us a women seem to be extra needy and some guys just need space. I don't think she has anything to worry about, tell her to trust her instincts because there usually right

Quoting lapcounter:

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM
She really sounds to dependent on him and that's an unhealthy relationship.

Quoting jenking04:

Thats what i was telling her to. But shes been so upset and heartbroken over this shes been up all night crying. She just lost her job last week as well so this all comes at a really ad time for her. When he leaves she will probably lose everything because shes not working

Quoting lapcounter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
if the relationship is already in trouble after only 5 or 6 months perhaps the break is the best thing that could happen. don't you think it is odd that she thinks she is falling for him even though he had already moved in? that is a case of putting the cart before the house and really isn't the best oath to success.
at least if they continue to see each other both will have to make it an effort and decide if it is what they really want rather then just what it's convenient.
jenking04
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM

The thought of there maybe being someone else crossed her mind because this vame out of the blue and at a time where they are going through a rough patch. But she pretty sure he would never cheat on her because he knows the pain it causes because hes been cheated on more thimes than he can count. She said shes not ready to give up and shes not ready to stop fighting for this relationship but said it will be harder when he moves out this weekend.

Quoting mamashealovekin:

That is true giving the situation. But distance could also mean other things. I'm not trying to be nagative but could there be some else? Or maybe he just needs time by himself. Some of us a women seem to be extra needy and some guys just need space. I don't think she has anything to worry about, tell her to trust her instincts because there usually right

Quoting lapcounter:

jenking04
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM

In some ways she is to dependent on him. She swore after her divorce she would never depend on another guy again because she was left with nothing. But she had her own place when they got together paid her ownbills and everything but she just recently lost her job last week and he was helping with rent.

Quoting lapcounter:

She really sounds to dependent on him and that's an unhealthy relationship.

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting lapcounter:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN