Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

a little freaked out.

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

im 19 weeks today. very excited and a little nervous for whats to come. i got a little curious and went to youtube to watch a child labor birth. eeek. this is my first child. so watching that made me a bit freaked. any advice on how it will be in the delivery room?

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lovemyirish
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone's different. Just remember to try and relax and make the most of it. Everyone says I'm crazy when I said I enjoyed child birth. But my saying is, the baby has to come out whether you like it or not! Lol may as well make it as positive an experience as you can.
CRmommie-2
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Once your actually in the situation it won't seem as scary. Don't worry about, you'll do great :)

TattooedMommyxo
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on if you have an epidural or not. Everyones different. My daughter took 19 hours but with an epidural you don't feel anything but pressure when you push. I'm not gunna lie it hurts. But its not as bad with an epidural. Its totally worth it once you get to hold your baby :) you shouldn't watch those videos theyll just freak you out. You won't know how it will be for you till you have him/her.
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Congratulations!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
13 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Everyone is different,
Clases before hand helps too.
You'll do fine :)

olliespunkma
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Stay in the tub as long as possiable I felt like it was more releiving than the epidural
megrh
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I'm the biggest wuss ever so I was freaked out too. I had seen A Baby Story on TLC where they showed the needle and everything for the epidural and I do not like needles. Honestly the worst parts for me were the IV cause the nurse did a horrible job and when they took all the tape off from the epidural. Actually giving birth was a breeze for me. Of course then you have to get up at some point and that's not much fun but by then you have your LO to make it all worth it :)
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It will be ok. You will be pushing harder than you ever had & it will be painful but you know what? Once that little person is put in to your arms you will forget about all that. Please don't frighten yourself by listening to delivery room horrors or watching them on tv. Take it from this mom,it's not as horrible as all that I promise!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)