Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are there any ways to truly find out if im having twins?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 26 Replies
I have been told by multiple people that have had kids that because I'm in so much pain so early in my pregnancy, I could be carrying twins. True or false? Advice?
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinklovesnore
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I would like to know myself. never heard that. i was supposed to be a twin so there's a higher chance of me being pregnant with multiples. ill give u a bump!!!
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM
3 moms liked this

U/S is the only way to find out if having twins or any multiples/singles.

AubreenLandon
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM
OK. Any ideas why I'm so unbelievably sore and extremely tired?
sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Tirednessis an early pregnancy sign. I'm always tired at the beginning. Its how I know I'm pregnant. Being sore is probably your bodies way of adjusting to your growing uterus and everything.

Quoting AubreenLandon:

OK. Any ideas why I'm so unbelievably sore and extremely tired?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreenLandon
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I feel like such a yard asking questions like this but its my first pregnancy and I'm solo nervous lol. Everything's new to me
AubreenLandon
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Tard*
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM

either an ultrasound or if the doctor hears more than one heart beat....

hggmommy87
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM

how far along are you

ExposeTheBeauty
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

How far along are you?  I was concerned about twins too because my baby's Grandpa is a twin (it's supposed to skip a generation or something).  Anyway, I'm only almost 6 weeks along.  The doctor's said at this point the only way to tell if it's twins is by measuring the amount of whatever hormone they measure in my blood against the size of the embryonic sac or something like that.  

Otherwise you just have to wait until the usual 5 month check where they check the sex and see how many hearts are beating in there.   

sunpeaches1
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1. Only sono, 2 heart beats or higher than average rises of hormones is indication of multiples.
2. You are not more likely to have mutiples if the gene runs in your dh/so's fam. The baby will carry the gene but its not a factor for you carry multiples unless you carry the gene. Not saying it doesn't happen. Women w/o twins in their family have twins everyday...just saying don't bank your hope of twins on dh's families twins....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)