Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

bullying

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 9 Replies
What should I do as a parent about bullying
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
XXMISFTITGIRLXX
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Talk to your children, monitor their social media and make them empathetic. Be an active role in their lives no matter how busy or tired you are.

chat1on1
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Lil girl at school picking at my daughter so today if she come home an the lil girl still picking I'm calling up to the school not waiting a day longer
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Talk with the child(ren) on how to be strong and be able to defend themselves verbally and if needed physically.   There are some children that will stop if the other child just ignores such behavior.   Has your child told a teacher or trusted adult at school yet?

XXMISFTITGIRLXX
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

The schools need to start enforcing the "Zero tolerance" policy...which they haven't. I partly blame the schools just as much as the parents who are not interacting and monitoring their children. They have zero policy if a kid eats a pop tart into the shape of gun and will expel him, but their was a girl who recently committed suicide was beaten up at least five times in the school and those bullies were allowed to still attend the school. Its ridiculous!

pinkfairy0206
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I've been dealing with 2 bullies actually they are twins. For some reason they have something with my daughter. It started in jan. Of this year. Their mom actually ended up getting in touch with me about the incident and made her son apologize. It didn't stop. The one twin continued and continued and he threatened to shoot my daughter to death. I was down at the school the next day,I contracted the boys mom,who of course tried defending her son. But not only did my daughter hear the threat loud and clear 3 other kids did and their parents reported the school! I was not happy at all with how the school dealt with it. I was there everyday for 2 weeks. My daughter didn't even know what death meant,so after I told her she looked at me in the eyes and said "why would he want me dead?" It ripped my heart out. Now just yesterday she came off the bus hysterical saying same said boy yelled in her face "you can't do anything right,everythings your fault!"because something spilled. I was in principles office this morning. I will nit pick everything now because they didn't handle the situation correctly.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Talk with the child & the school,
Good luck & let us know how it goes ;)

theresaphilly
by Theresa on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Quoting XXMISFTITGIRLXX:

Talk to your children, monitor their social media and make them empathetic. Be an active role in their lives no matter how busy or tired you are.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 18, 2013 at 5:02 AM

educate your child/ren about what bullying looks like and how to handle it.  

Iron_Beauty
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:10 AM

That depends on if your child is the bully, or the one being bullied.

Teach them to respect all people, to be empathetic, and to stand up for others if they see bullying by getting the attention of a teacher or another adult.

Teach them to use the internet responsibly, and that if at any point they are the target of internet bullying, they should log off immidiately, and come talk to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)