Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Shes bored and we are at home.

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

My love is alway bored. What can we do together, Like what activities? What do you and your child do when you guys are at home? I read to her.

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM

How old?

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I color with my kids. They love it. Sit there and talk n color. Little do they know we are also making memories...
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM

How old is she?
Coloring is always fun ;)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:43 AM

make homemade play dough, blow bubbles, color, make plays to perform.  She dictates to me while i write it down.

SissyAnn141
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Go to a play Ground ? ( Do you have a car ? )

Story Time at the Library ?

Make cookies ?

Let her just play in the bath tub ? after supper.             

MaineMammax2
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Building blocks can be fun for all age groups! When my girls were just teeny i started showing them the color and shape then they moved onto chewing them while i stacked them counting, then they start stacking. i always worked in a way to teach them at the same time, color shape size amount. If your little one enjoys reading make a cozy reading fort, just drape a blanket and lay down a few pillows. I let my girls play with a small basin and a little water on the kitchen floor, they loved to see what floats and splash and it's easy cleanup! We go on explorations with an egg carton that has each section colored a different color and see what we find that matches the color and fits into the spot, fun inside or out!
RADmomma
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM
These are great ideas!!

Quoting MaineMammax2:

Building blocks can be fun for all age groups! When my girls were just teeny i started showing them the color and shape then they moved onto chewing them while i stacked them counting, then they start stacking. i always worked in a way to teach them at the same time, color shape size amount. If your little one enjoys reading make a cozy reading fort, just drape a blanket and lay down a few pillows. I let my girls play with a small basin and a little water on the kitchen floor, they loved to see what floats and splash and it's easy cleanup! We go on explorations with an egg carton that has each section colored a different color and see what we find that matches the color and fits into the spot, fun inside or out!
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM

She's 14 so other than to take her shopping there's nothing I can do to relieve her boredom.  Don't get me wrong,we do spend time together & talk it's just that she does not want to do the things I suggest. Well she is a teenager after all ,LOL!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Hard part is getting her engaged in an activity.  Does she like to bake or cook?  Volunteering for those who have less or need help is an activity teens can share with parents.  She should be able to write a story or a play to share with you at this age.  Teens do not really need parents to help them get rid of boredom.  They need to be moving closer to independence within their limits of capability.

http://parentingteens.about.com/od/teenactivities/Teen_Activities_Fun_Activity_Ideas_for_Teens.htm 

BrittneyNBrazil
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM

She is 15 months 16 on the 21

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)