Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why my daughter's school and I both agree cyber school is best.(update on 1st page)

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

I posted a little about this situation before. Basically my 15 1/2 yr old daughter who is bi. Has a ex girlfriend who will not leave her alone. We origionally thought that my daughter might be partially encouraging the behavo just a little or at the very least no telling the girl to stop. Well, the girl has been warned by me, my daughter, and the school and still there is fear she doesnot get it. We have blocked her on all our socail sites. But have learned she has recently tried finding us online and just is not getting the point. Evven my daughter's other friends have told this girl to leave my daughter alone. The girl has not apparently fully gotten the hint. She has said stuff in the past like if I can't have you no one can. She has been caught faking that her so called present girlfriend was abusing her. To top it off the girl's mom got in on it too and is blind to see what her daughter is really doing. So me, hubby, our daughter's doc who is also helping us get our daughter into therapy to deal with this all, and our daughter's school all sat down and agreed it is time to switch her to cyber school for her own good. This girl has been warn any farther contact with my daughter will result in charges pressed against her also. So starting Monday our 15 yr. old 9th grade daughter will be Cyber schooled. I am a stay at home mom with only a soon to be 15 mth. old at home anymore. So I can help her. Our other kids are 2 gradauted. 1 in 4th grade and 1 not yet in school. We also have a strong support system set up for our daugther. She is doing the Cyber schooling through her School District and she has tons of family members and friends of the family who are here for her and have offered to  help in anyway they can. Her school agrees that this is a form of bullying towards my daughter but also much worse. The reality is there is no way we can know if this girl would try to harm our daughter or not and we can not risk that she would get the chance. Our daughter wound up coming to us asking for help at the same time I was already starting the process with out her knowledge. We really hope that sice we are removing her from the school that is solves the problem.

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Good Luck! I hope for your daughter's sake this works. How about her outside activities though? How will she be protected then? Have you asked the cops to stop by & give her(the ex)a warning to stop harrassing your daughter?

terpmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM

If she's being harassed at school why can't the school kick the ex out?

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Sad that a BULLY has taken it so far that your DD is really the one getting punished. She now has to stop going to school. Yet the bully still attends. I totally get WHY you are doing this. Its great you can. What sucks is the bully is not being punished !

jazzieel1
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Her outside activities consist of a church youth group. There are adults always present and everyone there knows what is going on. Yes the authorities have warned the girl. There is concern this girl has an obsessive attraction towards our daughter. We also have set up a schedule for our daughter to following every day to do the cyber schooling and to make sure she is not just sitting around the house every day. She is going from having 1 chore a day to 2 chores a day. I go for a 3-5 mile walk every day. She will be joining me in that. She also takes guitar lessons at school now. A friend of mine that teaches guitar is taking  over  her guitar lessons.

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Good Luck! I hope for your daughter's sake this works. How about her outside activities though? How will she be protected then? Have you asked the cops to stop by & give her(the ex)a warning to stop harassing your daughter?

fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Good. It sounds as if you have everything covered & that she should be safe enough! Good Luck to you & your daughter!

Quoting jazzieel1:

Her outside activities consist of a church youth group. There are adults always present and everyone there knows what is going on. Yes the authorities have warned the girl. There is concern this girl has an obsessive attraction towards our daughter. We also have set up a schedule for our daughter to following every day to do the cyber schooling and to make sure she is not just sitting around the house every day. She is going from having 1 chore a day to 2 chores a day. I go for a 3-5 mile walk every day. She will be joining me in that. She also takes guitar lessons at school now. A friend of mine that teaches guitar is taking  over  her guitar lessons.

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Good Luck! I hope for your daughter's sake this works. How about her outside activities though? How will she be protected then? Have you asked the cops to stop by & give her(the ex)a warning to stop harassing your daughter?

MrsErdos2011
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I don't know about Op's school district but here a student has to be suspended more than 13 times in a single semester before the school district considers expulsion

Quoting terpmama:

jazzieel1
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Because this girl is very manipulative and has made sure no proof exist that she has done anything wrong at school. But after what I have seen online and talked to my daughter's other friends it is obvious that this has been happening at school too. It's hard to explain but at school the things she has said have been very suttle. She did most of the direct stuff online. We have her majorly blocked online now and she can not contact our daughter outside of school. Even the school is concern that it is a matter of time before this all boils over and she does try something. We're not waiting to risk that she will. I mean matter what you say to this girls mother her daughter has her filled with her crazy notions that my daughter was madly inlove with her daughter and that her daughter has always been there for my daughter. Which is far from the truth. My daughter spent the last yr. trying to figure out how to end things with this girl. She constantly was telling the girl she does not feel that strongly for her. That they should see other people. Our daughter has never once going to this girl about any of her problem. But the girl has her mom believing she has been the only one there for my daughter.  This ex of my daughter's keep in mind skipped a year in school also. She is very bright. A shame she is using that intelligence in this way.

Quoting terpmama:

terpmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't man to sound like you weren't doing everything you could... You said the school was concerned too so I wa curious why they couldn't do anything. I'm sorry you're dealing with it. 

Quoting jazzieel1:

Because this girl is very manipulative and has made sure no proof exist that she has done anything wrong at school. But after what I have seen online and talked to my daughter's other friends it is obvious that this has been happening at school too. It's hard to explain but at school the things she has said have been very suttle. She did most of the direct stuff online. We have her majorly blocked online now and she can not contact our daughter outside of school. Even the school is concern that it is a matter of time before this all boils over and she does try something. We're not waiting to risk that she will. I mean matter what you say to this girls mother her daughter has her filled with her crazy notions that my daughter was madly inlove with her daughter and that her daughter has always been there for my daughter. Which is far from the truth. My daughter spent the last yr. trying to figure out how to end things with this girl. She constantly was telling the girl she does not feel that strongly for her. That they should see other people. Our daughter has never once going to this girl about any of her problem. But the girl has her mom believing she has been the only one there for my daughter.  This ex of my daughter's keep in mind skipped a year in school also. She is very bright. A shame she is using that intelligence in this way.

Quoting terpmama:

jazzieel1
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM

First day of cyber school and she is doing great.  Fortunately her High School has a cyber school program set up and she is using that. They are also allowed to alter it to fit her IEP.  Her IEP also now includes that I am allowed to tutor when need be. She also has access to all her teachers for help as need be. Including her support teacher. I really do think this is going to work well when it comes to her education. She seems to be getting things much better this way too.  She does go in to the school for 45 min's. a day for a reading class to help her in her reading disabilities. While there her support teacher is also available to help her in other areas if need be. Once she is done her reading assignment for the day her support teacher will check if she needs help on any of her other assignments. My daughter is walked to her school door by me where we are met by a teacher who walks her to class and back out of the school to me afterwards. We are hoping this part does not have to last. But unfortunately the girl that is basically stalking her we discovered over the weekend was still trying to find back door ways basically online to communicate to our daughter. But we have made it impossible for her to do so. I monitor all her online activity. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)