Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

crazy hormones!

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm very slim on patience. I'm crying one minute then I'll be fine. Soon enough I'll be pissed off at something small.. Again few minutes later I'm fine. I'm annoyed with my emotions which makes me annoyed and irritated with everything. My husbands brother is sleeping on our couch right now and he has been here for a while. He refuses to do his part and complains about things in Our house. When I tell him to leave if he doesn't like it, he thinks I'm joking. I need my personal space from others right now and my husbands brother thinks he can just do anything freely in our home. Either I need to calm down about things or my husbands brother has to go. How do I attempt either option?
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Go get applications for apartments. Tell him to pick one.
AubreenLandon
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM
He doesn't work.. He doesn't keep a job longer than 2 weeks so keeping an apartment is not happening for him.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Look into homeless shelters. Also some rental places trade rent for cleaning/ maintenance. Gather up the info, file with the courts to evict him and tell him he has 30 days.

Quoting AubreenLandon:

He doesn't work.. He doesn't keep a job longer than 2 weeks so keeping an apartment is not happening for him.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you talked to your husband. You two are a couple and if one isn't happy the other needs to help remedy the situation. His brother needs to go and he needs to make it happen!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Have you talked with your husband about telling his brother that it's time for him to find his own place?  

**Let it all out ANONYMOUSLY!**

AubreenLandon
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I have but he says because we live in a bad neighborhood and I'm pregnant, he wants someone here with me because my husband works a lot. I just need my space from his brother and my husband doesn't get it

Quoting amonkeymom:

Have you talked with your husband about telling his brother that it's time for him to find his own place?  

AubreenLandon
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I agree with everything you said. Thank god someone understands What I've been saying all along. I talked to my husband tonight about it and he says what if he starts paying us for bills. Apparently his brother started cleaning his aunts house for cash. I'd like to see where the hell this cash has been if he has been cleaning her house. Which is exactly what I told my husband. To be totally honest I dont care if he is willing to pay half of the bills, I deserve my space and privacy with My husband.

Quoting PsychicAleta:

ITS NOT YOUR HORMONES, ITS THE FREE-LOADING SLOB ON YOUR COUCH. Dont let anyone tell u otherwise. Your feelings , ideas and needs must be taken seriously !

AubreenLandon
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Update: last night my husband and I went out and had some fun, just the two of us. His brother went to his aunts house yesterday so we had time apart from his brother. We locked our doors,Made dinner,ate, and went to bed. I guess my husbands bro called last night after we went to bed. He knows what time we go to bed and when the doors are locked. It was nice to wake up and to hear the house quiet. It was still clean and his clothes weren't all over my house. So as my husband leaves for work this morning and the dogs wrestle in the yard , I enjoy every second of not hearing, "hey bro, this game o got is so cool wanna play it tonight?"
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Just leave for a few hours.  Take a book to a park, or sit in the car and read or nap.  Take a walk.  Leave him to take care of the house for a couple hours.

AubreenLandon
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM
My husband works 40-45 hours a week . he doesn't need to come home to do more work. My husbands brother is a slob and does tasks half ass. I don't trust his brother alone in my house because I've come home before and my bedroom door has been opened(hair taped on the door). Plus , I need things to be a certain way and I'd rather just clean myself

Quoting ScrChk23:

Just leave for a few hours.  Take a book to a park, or sit in the car and read or nap.  Take a walk.  Leave him to take care of the house for a couple hours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)