Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hate being home alone! ** Little vent **

Ugh just as the title states, I hate being home alone! Hubby is in Utah fixing our rental thanks to our past renters. Oh well at least it's being fixed and I am here with the kiddos. Don't get me wrong,  I love my kids with all my heart, I am with them 24/7 except for the exception of them going to school. I am so overwhelmed. You ladies will tell me to leave him home with the kids and go do this and go do that. It's soooooo much easier said then done. *SIGH* Oh well. Just venting I guess. No one to talk to about adult things so you guys get to hear it if you open the post. Sorry to vent. Just tired. Only way to explain it. :(

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
yryssa1
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM
The noises I can relate to! lol My dh travels a lot but I've gotten used to it. Run a fan at night, you won't hear the noises ;) Or some nature sounds, something that familiar. As for the loneliness, I watch a lot of netflix plus we talk every night on the phone. Hang in there! He'll be home before you know it :)

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

The linliness. Not having someone to yalk to. The noses lol especially the noises lol.

Quoting yryssa1:

What is it you hate the most about being alone?
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Id love to meet up with some friends if I had amy real ones where I lived. *Sigh* oh well

Quoting Kathy489:

I understand completely. Can you meet a friend at a playground? You can sit and talk while the kids play. If it's raining, they have indoor playgrounds at most of the malls. Have lunch and let them play.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I understand. I used to go shopping just so I could talk to the sales people! How sad is that?? Now that I have my son, he doesn't tolerate much shopping unless it's in the toy department. :-)

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Id love to meet up with some friends if I had amy real ones where I lived. *Sigh* oh well

Quoting Kathy489:

I understand completely. Can you meet a friend at a playground? You can sit and talk while the kids play. If it's raining, they have indoor playgrounds at most of the malls. Have lunch and let them play.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Not alone there i do that too, then i go to my car n think, why did i just do thar!

Quoting Kathy489:

I understand. I used to go shopping just so I could talk to the sales people! How sad is that?? Now that I have my son, he doesn't tolerate much shopping unless it's in the toy department. :-)

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Quoting Kathy489:

fredblue7
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I hear your vent. My children are having children of their own now and I have one ten year old son also. I get what your saying. I have one great friend that children are also grown but we get together at least once a month and help each other do chores or prepare for and event or sometimes just cook. Do you have someone in your life that can talk with you to encourage you to keep  going. I talk to my freind everyday while we have coffee. Sometimes in evening after my son goes to bed.

Also if your children are school age get them involved with the chores. This helps time pass real quick. And as you help them you are giving them that one on one attention children need and getting things done at the same time.

Write letters to family and freinds. It helps to get things out of you, even if its not to vent.

If these suggestions are helpful then great.  keep coming back to this site cause we always want to listen. We are all moms. If you need an adult voice we could maybe exchange numbers some time.

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I understand your pain. My husbands job is very demanding. He works anywhere from 40 to 70 hours a week. This week he is up to 65 and he still has the rest of today and tomorrow. When he is home he is laying on the couch or in the bed cause he is exhausted and all he wants to do is rest. It sucks me always being with the kids except when they are in school. Especially when he is home and just doesn't want to get up and do anything.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Thanks. I was fine until we moved. We moved 700 miles from friends n family. Its been sooo hard on me. I am not one to sit home on a day to day basis but its what I've done for 3 yrs now. Everyone wonders why im depressed on anti depressants, and have gained weight. Hubby is aware of the situation and we have been getting out more just not as much as id like.
My kids.are all in sports and i have spoken to some of the moms but every time i mention to get together and go do stuff anything. Families or even just us they all have some excuse. So i pretty much gave up.
Id get a job mut my 10 yr old dd needs my full attention even tho yes shes in svhool but she has a heart condition and I need to be available to her just in case something was to happen so a job is not workable for the time being.

Quoting fredblue7:

I hear your vent. My children are having children of their own now and I have one ten year old son also. I get what your saying. I have one great friend that children are also grown but we get together at least once a month and help each other do chores or prepare for and event or sometimes just cook. Do you have someone in your life that can talk with you to encourage you to keep  going. I talk to my freind everyday while we have coffee. Sometimes in evening after my son goes to bed.

Also if your children are school age get them involved with the chores. This helps time pass real quick. And as you help them you are giving them that one on one attention children need and getting things done at the same time.

Write letters to family and freinds. It helps to get things out of you, even if its not to vent.

If these suggestions are helpful then great.  keep coming back to this site cause we always want to listen. We are all moms. If you need an adult voice we could maybe exchange numbers some time.

c_livelaughl0ve
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I'm with you! I hate being home alone too! 

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:58 AM

it is tough when your other half can't be there ...lonely and sometimes overwhelming

estrella1982
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I hear you, my husband gets sent out to trainings for his job 4 hours away and as a matter of fact hes leaving tomorrow morning and here i am working graveyard and not going to see him when he leaves, so said bye before i came to work. It sucks, i could never sleep even if i have my kids with me  in bed.... Its difficult, just pray and hope he makes it safe there and home :) group hug 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN