Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bugs!

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Okay, so recently the house next to mine caught on fire. Ever since then I have seen roaches in my house. Now I have a 2 yr old and a 7 month old. It's messy to an extent, but not the type to have roaches. There isn't food laying around. Any food my daughter drops I find or the dog does. It's not gross just needs picked up every other day. It is crammed though. There is no space for anything. But I have called and stopped by my landlords to get this taken care of and he hasn't gotten an exterminator like discussed. I have tried the poison stuff but it does t seem to be working. Anything else you guys recommend? I can't move cause I have yet to find another house for $300 a month. And I can't afford anything higher, just don't want my kids getting sick. Any advice is welcome. Please no bashing. Me and my husband are trying to do this on very low income if the landlord won't do anything.
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Um i see alot of the raids like the sprays, traps sticky thingys and bombs. My mom says if you use the gas one you have to stay out of your place for 24hrs... idk good luck all we get are darn crickets and the occasional lizard lol my kids leave the darn door open playing outside. Good luck if it were me id try all thos raids at once lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jschulke
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM
We have tried the sticky things. Kind of like the poison stuff. Thank you. I would definitely rather have those in my house than roaches lol.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM

What are the cabinent made of?  IF it is particular board, the glue on them is like crack to roaches so it is extremely hard to get rid of roaches even when spotless.

MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Keep everything dry.

They have to have water to survive.
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:00 AM

it depends on what kind of roaches they are.

some sprays will kill some roaches but not others.

can you find out what kind they are?

look online to get an idea.

then buy a product that works for that bug

i tried exterminating on my own for my moms place. and only got them decreased but not totally terminated.

called a pro. and didnt have any better luck.

i am going to try to get another company to treat  her place on a monthly basis.

one of my friends used the foggers and was able to get them all dead.

if it were me. i would go to a website and do as  many of the steps as you can.

i used the one on Raid. but had no funding by the family that lived at my moms place. so was not able to complete the process to complete extermination.

im sure you can lower their population with the landlords help.

your post reminded me i need to contact the pest control company to let them know i was not satisfied with the service.

SissyAnn141
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Go buy something called "ROACH PROOF".

Since you have a child and a dog.

Pull out oven & put behind there.

Anywhere, neither can get to.

They will be gone in 10 days.

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
$300 a month?

I'm surprised your only problem is roaches.

That's damn cheap.

Good luck!
Jschulke
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:28 AM
I believe they are like the German roaches by pictures that's what I am assuming. Thank you everyone! I will try it and see what I come up with! And for $300 a month a lot more is wrong with the house trust me. Roaches are just the main problem at the moment lol.
SissyAnn141
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Go buy something called "ROACH PROOF".

Since you have a child and a dog.

Pull out oven & put behind there.

Anywhere, neither can get to.

They will be gone in 10 days.

This is at Walmart, and even the Dollar store.

No smell, or Bad results they leave and die.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM
also the mealy worms from flour or cereal love that particle board stuff and will bore into it and then a few weeks later you see moths in your kitchen. in an old apartment i sealed up all the little bore holes with carpenters glue and the oil varnished thevinsides.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What are the cabinent made of?  IF it is particular board, the glue on them is like crack to roaches so it is extremely hard to get rid of roaches even when spotless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN