Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The Mom Quiz #4: If your kid broke a special vase, how would you react?

Posted by   + Show Post

Q4: One of your kids has been playing with a ball inside the house and just broke a beautiful vase your grandmother had given you. What is your first reaction?

A.    You hug him and ask him if he is hurt.

B.    You tell him not to worry but to try to be more careful the next time.

C.    You feel a little sorry about what happened since it was a nice gift from your grandmother, but the anger disappears soon.

D.    You ask your child to continue playing outside.

E.    You run to get the broom to clean up the bits of glass so no one gets hurt.

F.    You laugh out loud so he doesn’t start crying and say "I’m glad! It was about time to replace such an old vase!"

Click here to go to Question #5 >>

moms rock

To start the quiz from the beginning, click here:  What kind of Mom are you?

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
taKENheart
by Flovely on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM

CABE

Katt709
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:25 AM
E
morisa32
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM

E

Jellybean1123
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I would A and then tell him this is why we don't play with the balls in the house.

rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I would probably cry! Considering the 2 vases I have from my grandmother were given to me after she died so they have a lot of sentimental value to me. If course I'd clean it right away to make sure no one would get hurt. I'd probably ask him to go to his room or elsewhere while I cleaned it.
Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM
I would be angry. There is one case in my house I adore. I would be angry and sad. But I wouldn't harp on him about just ask him to apologize and take the ball outside.

Quoting lenashark:

None of the above. My son knows not to play ball in the house and I'm not going to coddle him for breaking something important to me when they were doing something they shouldn't have been doing. He would be the one cleaning it up, he would get a talking to about following the rules, and he would spend the rest of the day helping me with chores. The ball would also be gone for a week. I teach my kids to take responsibility.

luvnature
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

E

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM
My son has been taught not to play with balls in the house.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I would yell there name... Take a deep and tell them to get out of the room so they didn't get cut and then cry while I cleaned it up... When I was calmer we would talk about what they did and possibly a consequence for throwing things in the house
footballmom5573
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

A, E

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)