Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

NO SUPPORT

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so im 12 weeks pregnant and everybody is supportive but my mom and idk wat to do my babydad has 2 more kids on the way in I feel alone and im only 20. I really want to keep my baby but I dont know what to about my mom we had a good relationship so I feel like It my kom or my baby
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Give her some time. Im sure she is prob just in shock. All will work in the end. Usually does. **hugs** hope you feel better.
momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Your babies father has 3 kids total on the way including yours? So he's got 3 women pregnant at the same time? Am I understanding this correctly?
LADYxGHOST
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Choose your child, your mom is not against the child. She is upset with the situation and the drama she knows will happen in your future with having a child with a guy with 2 more on the way. He must likely will be a dead beat dad to your could or to one or more of the others and the competition for his financial support, his affection and his time with the children can make some woman act real crazy and even harm the other moms and children. She is not wanting that drama for you. You should drop the father and count him put and not even bother with him in any way except to get a court order for child support. Until the child is a few years old, dont even worry about trying to contact the other children's moms, that way you stay out of the drama. Once your mom sees and holds her grandbaby, she will feel differently. Give her time and understand she is upset for you, not at the baby.
hugss
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Give her some time,
She wouldn't want you to make that kind of choice.
Good luck :)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:27 AM

give her time and get your ducks in a row.  There may be a single moms support group you can join for additional support.  Hopefully you have friends that can also provide a net for you when you need it.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:39 AM

If your mom is not supportive of your pregnancy then ignore her. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Keep your baby and have a good relationship with your baby. Sit down and talk to your mom. Tell your mom that if she can not be supportive then you'll have to discontinue your good relationship you have with her until she can be and that's not something you want to have to do.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Well said.

Quoting LADYxGHOST:

Choose your child, your mom is not against the child. She is upset with the situation and the drama she knows will happen in your future with having a child with a guy with 2 more on the way. He must likely will be a dead beat dad to your could or to one or more of the others and the competition for his financial support, his affection and his time with the children can make some woman act real crazy and even harm the other moms and children. She is not wanting that drama for you. You should drop the father and count him put and not even bother with him in any way except to get a court order for child support. Until the child is a few years old, dont even worry about trying to contact the other children's moms, that way you stay out of the drama. Once your mom sees and holds her grandbaby, she will feel differently. Give her time and understand she is upset for you, not at the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Molimomma
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Your mom may be upset for a couple reasons. She maybe doesn't want to be a grandma yet(you'd be surprised how many moms get upset about that). She may be sad/worried about how difficult it will be for you to be a single mom, especially if it looks like baby's daddy won't be helping. Maybe she had other dreams for you and she's still grieving the loss of those. It's hard to say what your relationship will be when the baby is here but lots of times it changes things dramatically. Give her some time and see what happens. If you want her to participate more ask her if she will come to an ultrasound with you, often seeing baby on the screen makes things different. Good luck, I hope it gets better for you!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I would 'keep' the baby.  I would not worry about the father of the child since he is clearly unresponsible.  Just communicate with your mother.  I agree with another poster who said that your mom is probably in shock.  If you ask her to help, I'm sure she would be honored.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)