Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What do you and your family do for Christmas? We usually spend Christmas eve with my extended family for dinner/gift giving etc. This year I have to work He 24th fand 26 so I we won't be able to make the drive back home :( so what should be do at home just my little family?
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this
We have quite a few traditions:

We take the kids to look at decorated houses and christmas lights, we get in the car them in their jammies and fav stuffed animal or small pillow we stop and get hot cocoa and listen to christmas music.

We always go to the bass pro shop to see santa and play games

We have several parties we go to. My moms, husbands parents, my grandparents and ours.

Every christmas eve (since i was a baby) we always open 1 present (pajamas), drink egg nog or cocoa, read the night before christmas and put out raindeet food and milk, cookies and a carrot.

Around christmas every year for the last 16 years i have taken a copy of the night before christmas and put it at my grandfather grave. He was the one that read it to me every christmas eve for 16 years.

My husband and I get Taco Bell to eat after the kids are all asleep and finish wrapping and setting out the presents on christmas eve also.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:54 AM

finger foods all day christmas eve... chocolate gravy and biscuits for christmas breakfast...

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM

No relatives anywhere near us anymore so our traditions have changed a lot. This year dh is deployed so that shakes things up again. I'm hoping to start celebrating Advent each Sunday again by having us light candles, read the Christmas story, and sing. :-) I have an Advent calendar as well so each day we pin one of the felt figures to the Christmas tree to count down the days. Christmas Eve we're going to bake a cake for Jesus, the girls will probably want to draw pictures for Santa, and we'll bake coookies and set out milk. We'll make reindeer food and sprinkle it in the grass or snow. Christmas morning we read the Christmas story, pray, do stockings, and then presents. We spend the whole day relaxing and playing and then we'll do a movie night with popcorn. :-)

yaz188
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Christmas with my family I make Christmas breakfast Christmas cupcakes and cookies and watch Christmas movies
OrangeBalloon
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this

We started a new tradition. I make a lavish dinner on Christmas Eve. Then we make pancakes on Christmas morning. We open our gifts. Then we might watch some movies. For dinner we go out for Chinese. Just like in A Christmas Story.

yaz188
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Christmas breakfast with my kids and make cookies and cupcakes and hot cocoa with NSYNand sinand sing Christmas songs
yaz188
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Mobile Photo

Christmas breakfast with my kids and make cookies and cupcakes and hot cocoa and sing Christmas songs
yaz188
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Mobile Photo

I am new on here and don't know how to race stuff I have more than one thing on here sent

darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:46 AM

We usually stay home, have breakfast on Christmas morning and open presents:)

gcstar42
by Shara on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM

On Christmas Eve all of my family on my moms side meets at my grandparents house. There are sometimes 70-80 people or more there. We have a huge meal, go Christmas caroling, open presents from my grandparents, and Santa comes to visit the kids. It is a lot of fun. Christmas day we wake up and see what Santa brought the kids and also open our presents from each other (my parents, brother and sil, myself, and my 3 kids.) The kids play with their new stuff for a while and then we go back to my grandparents house to eat leftovers and just hang out and play games (cards, dominos, board games, etc.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN