Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What do you and your family do for Christmas? We usually spend Christmas eve with my extended family for dinner/gift giving etc. This year I have to work He 24th fand 26 so I we won't be able to make the drive back home :( so what should be do at home just my little family?
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM
It's different year to year. Last Christmas we spent the first Christmas with our family in 8 years! This year I have no idea what we are doing yet. We will most likely have Christmas dinner with friends.
Mrs.Suits08
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

My family lives close.
We visit Husbands dad and granny for gifts and to spend a bit of time with them then we got to my nannys for gifts and food and spend time together.this is temporary until we have kids, then it will be kids open gifts when they get up then the people we invite come over for gifts and food. A lot of my family does secret santa and we don't agree with that so we buy for who we care about on either side and thats who we invite over. ever played find the pickel? (no,... it isn't what youre probably thinking.) You get a pickle ornament and hide it on the tree, first person to find it (who didn't hide it lol) gets to open the first gift.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM

The Saturday before is spent with dad and family.

Christmas Eve will be here with mom and FIL, whoever wants to come over.

Christmas Day we go to my in laws, and then to my brother's house.

muda1954
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Christmas Eve we go out to dinner with friends,,,Christmas Day I love to cook and we have family here,,,it always turns out to be such an awesome time!

alexis_06
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM
All the family getss together on Christmas Eve we do dinner ( ham)and presents That night.. Christmas day we don't really do anything but we have a turkey dinner that night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Do the entire Christmas Dinner thing, but stay in your jammies all day. 

mom4awesomekids
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Normally we go to my MIL's for CHristmas.

Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Christmas Eve is for our family, my brother will come and stay the night, we will have the girls over and have supper and unwrap presents, then watch movies ti the girls decide its time to go to their homes.

Christmas Day I call my family back home in Texas and Arkansas, then hubby fixes breakfast, and we will open presents we got for each other. this year is going to be different for us cause we'll ne empty nesters for the first time in 26 years.
anyway after breakfast we will go over to Robs nephews house to have Christmas with Robs family. afterwards we'll probably come home and collapse.
MomTiara19
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:12 AM

We usually visit extended family Christmas eve and spend Christmas day with just the four of us:)

holding ornaments

vand6584
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM

We always do the movies on xmas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN