Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Groceries I need your help...

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:41 AM
  • 2 Replies

How to save money on groceries without using coupons - what would your tips be?

How  much do u spend on groceries & often do u shop??

My tip is: 1.  Buy produce that's in-season.  Not only does it taste better, it's often a great value.

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Countrygerl
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:42 AM

We try to only go grocery shopping once a month since it is a 45 minute drive one way from the closest store

My tips would be try to shop at Aldis or get generic brands. Generic brands cost less and taste the same as brand names. You are just paying more for the name when you get brand names,

Always check the ads in the paper so you can price match at Wal Mart.

And if you can afford it. Buy in bulk. We buy a large pack of ground beef then we cook it and then re freeze it to use for speggetti and other meals.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:55 AM
When non-parishables are on sale, stock up but only if they are items you will actually use. I buy mac n cheese when its on sale and I buy like 10 boxes at a time (we don't eat it often so this lasts us until the next time its on sale) which can save me quite a bit of money.

Be aware of "sale" prices vs use by dates too. Buying milk or bread for way cheaper is great, but not when its going to go bad before you use it.

I shop once a month for non parishables and things we will use throughout the month that will stay good. I shop once a week for things like milk, bread and meat. I usually spend around $500 but this includes any extras I might buy for lunches or whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN