Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Raccoon!..Rabies?,!,,!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
There is a raccoon outside our door. I think it has rabies, not to sure, but I've seen many raccoons, this one isn't normal! Lol any idea to get rid of this thing? He's having seizers or something..help!
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Thebest181
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Rabbis shot it!! Lol

b0bbied0ll
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:15 PM

thats not good :/

JTE11
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Unless you can shoot it I'd say leave it alone but try to see where it goes so you know it isn't hiding out under your porch or something. If it's acting weird rabies is a definite possibility. It could also have been hit on the road or injured or sick in some other way but don't go near it just the same. Maybe you can report it and have someone come and pick it up? Some areas have services for that but it depends on where you live.

CarlyEliz
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you call animal control or something?
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM
stay inside and keep your pets in. call animal control. or if they wont help and you can in your neck of the woods shoot him yourself. but once dead dont handle him anything but a shovel and put him in a hefty bag. then bleach wash your porch or where he seizing and the kill area. throw away anything you have on that might have contacted his body fluids and wash with soap and water really well. if you had exposure get the shots. there is no wait and see with rabies.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Call animal control.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM

That's crazy! Is it still daylight where you live? I'd call animal control if it's acting that strangely

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Call animal control in your town and they will take care of it. In the meantime stay away from the animal. Rabies is not an airborne disease, so in order to get it you have to exchange blood, which usually means getting bitten. So don't get near enough for it to bite you. If there is no animal control where you are call a Vet and ask him to find you a solution and what you should and shouldn't do. Keep children and other animals away from this animal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)