Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

hello everyone.! (:

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 12 Replies
hello everyone my name is Alissa Armstrong and im 19 years old, im about to have my first child here in a few months, im having a boy and i couldn't be more excited, but one thing i wanna know is how do all you moms have fun while being pregnant? because all i do is sleep or sit around home and it makes me depressed.. and every time me and my boyfriend makes plans i never get to do them because he doesn't know if it would be safe for me or our baby so our plans normally gets ruined. what should i do how could i have more fun in my life right now?
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Welcome to the group, Alissa! Being stuck at home alone definitely can make you feel sad and lonely and depressed. Maybe you could start by telling him that you won't agree to do anything that isn't safe for the baby? You should also check out these groups, too:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Wecome to the group Alissa,
I agree with the other poster.
Must be safe for the baby. Have someone you can leave the baby with a a small amount of time/
It will get easier over time :)

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:56 AM

hey! welcome to the group!! congrats on your pregnancy!!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Congratulations, but he may just be overly cautious. Do you have friends you can go out with? Go have lunch? Do some shopping? What about family? Have them over for lunch or dinner, play cards, board games, rent some movies! Etc.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Hi Alissa, congrats!

It sounds like maybe your boyfriend needs to go to the doctor with you and ask some of the questions he's having about safety, etc.  

When I was pregnant, I did pretty much everything I did when I wasn't pregnant, with the exception of drinking and strenuous exercise.  I even went bowling quite a few times when I was pregnant with my oldest!

Quoting alissaxjoey:

hello everyone my name is Alissa Armstrong and im 19 years old, im about to have my first child here in a few months, im having a boy and i couldn't be more excited, but one thing i wanna know is how do all you moms have fun while being pregnant? because all i do is sleep or sit around home and it makes me depressed.. and every time me and my boyfriend makes plans i never get to do them because he doesn't know if it would be safe for me or our baby so our plans normally gets ruined. what should i do how could i have more fun in my life right now?

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Welcome to the group!!  I agree with the others.  Plus if he doesn't want to make plans that you can be a part of, make your own.  Grab a friend and go walking or shopping for baby things

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Hi Alissa! Welcome to the group and congrats on your pregnancy! You can still do all of your other activities as long as they're safe for the baby. I hiked all of the way through my pregnancy and did pretty much everything that I used to do previously. Can you maybe find a hobby to do? What are some of your interests?

MICHAELSGIRL319
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM
W E L C O M E! :)
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Welcome to the group! Congratulations and good luck with your delivery!
alissaxjoey
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM

hello there and thanks.

honestly i have no friends and my family doesnt really talk to me. so no i really dont get out and do much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)