Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 12 yr old still wets the bed

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 22 Replies

Please help me I am at a loss with my son. He still wets the bed and me and his dad just don't know what else to do. He has seen doctors, we have stopped drinks after 6pm he goes to bed at 8.. He goes to the bathroom several times before going to bed. Doctors keep telling us to buy him an alarm but we don't have the money for that right now, plus we are afraid he would sleep right through it since he is a hard sleeper. They had him on meds and they didn't work either. Pull ups are out of the question because he will just pee all night long and not care. I do not know what else to do....... Please help a frustrated mom he is runining his mattress. We have plastic on it and nogahide. Just don't know anymore.

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I was going to suggest the medication.  It worked for my brothers.  Has he been checked for diabetes?  That is one of the symptoms.

goddiddlyumshis
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM
What meds did that have him on? Ddavp (desmopressin)?
My son has this issue as well.
He takes ddavp, it stops the bed wetting, and also helps him empty his bladder at one time (he would go 5 times in 5 mins)

He used to wet the bed and sleep through it and in it :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Have you brought him to the urologist?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Parker.2013
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never dealt with that kind of issue..... sorry mama hope you figure it out soon.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Yes he has seen a urologist, his bladder is just not big enough to hold everything. He has taken the pills I do not remember the name of the meds. All I know is they didn't work.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Have you brought him to the urologist?

Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
They do have bed mats but u get a stop watch or alarm clock at most dollar stores for under 5$ but have u seen an urologist
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Yes he has, diabetes runs in our family. They are checked 2 times a year .. :)

Quoting ScrChk23:

I was going to suggest the medication.  It worked for my brothers.  Has he been checked for diabetes?  That is one of the symptoms.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes he has seen a urologist....

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

They do have bed mats but u get a stop watch or alarm clock at most dollar stores for under 5$ but have u seen an urologist

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
It is most likely a mental thing. I have worked with many kids over the years with this specific issue. My oldest was 13 with a bed wetting issue. Get him into therapy.

Hugs
Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM
He's probably a little big for it but have u tired maybe putting a potty chair in his room

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Yes he has seen a urologist....

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN