Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tips for a new working mom?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi ladies. I have been a sahm for almost 7 1/2 years and have recently collectively decided with my husband to get back out there in the working world. It seems a bit daunting having kids this time around. Any tips for newbies? It is all grately appreciated! :)
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RADmomma
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM
No advice. I'm a sahm. Have been for 6.5 years.
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM

What type of working are you looking to do and how old are your kids? Sometimes the type of job you are going for makes a difference in balancing everything.

You might want to check out the Working Moms group! They may have insight for you :)

Quoting cupcakemomcyrus:

Hi ladies. I have been a sahm for almost 7 1/2 years and have recently collectively decided with my husband to get back out there in the working world. It seems a bit daunting having kids this time around. Any tips for newbies? It is all grately appreciated! :)

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Do you have a job already? What type of hours are you looking for? Will your kids be in daycare? If you work during the business day it helps a lot to have everything prepared the night before. I agree - come join us in the Working Moms group.

hugss
Take some *Time Out for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:43 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:33 AM

It will take some getting use to but you'll find the balance ;)

cupcakemomcyrus
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I have an interview lined up in security so I will be working nights most of the time. I have a 6 year old in school and my two year old at home.
jconney80
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I have been a SAHM mom for awhile myself. Welcome to the group! I am sure you will get your groove back after you're back in the working world after awhile! Good luck!

.PinkHart.
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I went back to work last week after 5 yrs of being a SAHM. I only work 6 hrs a day, from 2-8. It takes adjusting. No tips really cuz I am still working on getting used to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)