Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

UPDATE: Could this be breast cancer? My right nipple started to hurt and hasn't stopped...

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:09 AM
  • 18 Replies

Went to the doctor and they told me that it was a infection, Mastitis. I was given antibiotic and ointment and sent for both a mammogram and a ultrasound. I am still waiting for the results (wed. or friday). I am still very nervous.

Out of nowhere my right nipple is hurting me very badly. I do not have any discharge, this never has happened to me before. I never even get sore breasts during/after/before my monthly cycle (which is not due). It seems a little puffier than the left one, but my breasts are both completely different to begin with it. My right breast is the smaller of the two, as is my nipple, however, it now looks wider than left one (not the areola, just the actual nipple. I had routine blood work not all that long ago and everything came back fine, but could this be cancer?

Autism Is Everywhere        

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Calm down, it could be a cyst, you could be using a different detergent and it is irritating the skin and really after breastfeeding/pumping, the boobs are never the same and they can become sensitive around your cycle even up to the weeks prior to you getting it.

MixedCooke
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

could be an ingrown hair.  if you are that nervous about it, just call your doctor for an appointment tomorrow.

lovesal
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:20 AM

I haven't changed anything at all and I am not breastfeeding, pregnant or anything like that. I am 35 years old and know my boobies pretty well; I have never had anything like this. It is not sensitive, it is painful. I understand that it could be what you suggested, "a cyst, irritation," but I just wanted to put this on here to see if breast cancer started like that for anyone else.  

Quoting MixedCooke:

Calm down, it could be a cyst, you could be using a different detergent and it is irritating the skin and really after breastfeeding/pumping, the boobs are never the same and they can become sensitive around your cycle even up to the weeks prior to you getting it.

Autism Is Everywhere        

Tammi4
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister had black discharge coming from her breasts when she found out she had breast cancer. You should get checked but you're probably fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Well my best friend did have some pain in her breast that was persistent, but it felt deeper rather than on the surface and it did turn out to be cancer.  Like I said, if it really is that bothersome, get it checked out.  Feel around for any lumps too! 

Quoting lovesal:

I haven't changed anything at all and I am not breastfeeding, pregnant or anything like that. I am 35 years old and know my boobies pretty well; I have never had anything like this. It is not sensitive, it is painful. I understand that it could be what you suggested, "a cyst, irritation," but I just wanted to put this on here to see if breast cancer started like that for anyone else.  

Quoting MixedCooke:

lovesal
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:01 AM

BUMP!

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Do you have a family history of breast cancer? Mother, sister and aunt? Do not base off of a friend who is not blood related to you. I read no irritatin or change in detergents but what about trauma from a fall, sex or just doing household chores? (like carrying too much stuff in arms and rubbing or hitting the breasts) When did the pain start? On a scale of 0 to 10 what number is your pain? Is the nipple extremely dry? (like how your hands can get in winter)
Mish321
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I was always told cancer doesn't hurt. But IDK?
Go check, better save than sorry.
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM

No, cancer is very very painful! It can painless while begining, aka, early stages but usually pain is why most people seek treatment and find out they have cancer. Also could depend on origin of the cancer as well, but one thing for sure, in the end, cancer is a mother fucker and is excruciating for the patient.

Quoting Mish321:

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

And I agree OP, to go have it checked out. They usually start mamograms at around 40 but if you have a family history, you start earlier than 40 and can get one at any age if you choose. But def call your gyno for a check up.

Quoting Mish321:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN