Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP! My 15 year old son is spinning out of control! In need of advice.

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 16 Replies

I'm a single mom, i live in College Park with my son and boyfriend of four years.  My son started abusing pot at the age of 13 amongst other things, never a needle in his arm though.  He is now 15 and says he just smokes pot.  His father is absent from his life, which is a HUGE problem! He misses his Dad but my ex wants nothing to do with him AND lives less than 5 miles away. He sneaks out, I've had him in therapy, he was in a residential treatment facility for four months and i allowed him to come home because he completed all phases and was drug free.  It took about two weeks being home to get sucked back into smoking pot. I'm at my wits end and would love to know if another parent out there is experiencing this madness?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
No clue. Here is a bump! Good luck!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Welcome to the gorup,
Do you work full time?
Have him come home after school.  No contact with his friends perhaps.
His actions need consequences.
Hugs to you & good luck :)

RADmomma
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I dont have any advice.

My sister has been going through the same things with my nephew. He started right around the same time. he is 19 and she is still battling him. He graduated high school but other than that has not accomplished anything. She tried everything... nothing worked.

I wish you a lot of luck.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I wish you luck and will say a prayer for the 2 of you... but I have no advice. I'm sorry, mine are still little

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

College Park, GA? 

You want to get him right, you gotta put a lot of time and effort into that.  In some cases, you may even need to let him have a talk with the police. 

Once they start down that path, it is very difficult to get them off of it. 

As for the location, if you are living in College Park, GA, I suggest you move ASAP.  Go to somewhere like Peachtree City, where the cops don't play and there are tons of activities, etc for him to be involved in.

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM
The biggest problem with drugs is if you don't change the environment that he is trying to stay sober in, chances are he won't stay sober.

My best suggestion would be to move to another area. If that is not possible, maybe look into programs at the Y or something that would provide a mentor.
carolinehunter
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM

No, i live in Orlando, Florida.  Beautiful upscale neighborhood.  He sniffs these 'rats' out with the kids that are bused into his school from shady neighborhoods. : /

carolinehunter
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I'm self employed as a decorator.  Yes, he does come home, now, and has no contact with friends.  He recently was suspended for a gram of pot. Possibly, 'cafemom' isnt the right choice. i'll search further. i KNOW I AM NOT the only mom out here dealing with this.

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Quoting carolinehunter:

I'm self employed as a decorator.  Yes, he does come home, now, and has no contact with friends.  He recently was suspended for a gram of pot. Possibly, 'cafemom' isnt the right choice. i'll search further. i KNOW I AM NOT the only mom out here dealing with this.

Possibly. There are a lot of moms on here that don't think there's anything wrong with smoking pot. SMH

carolinehunter
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM

like you, 'possibly'? Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)