Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help please!!

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

So my son is 21 months old. Hedoesn't walk yet. He cruises against furniture, will stand up in the middle of a room no problem. He can only stand without holding for about 10 minutes.he will walk with a walker..  He won't walk away he will get down on his hand and knees and crawl. He has low muscle tone.. He use to go to physical therapy once a week but the company switched and haven't gotten ahold of us for more therapies. We currently working with early intervention. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Does anyone know any excersices?? Any words of encouragement?? I'm really starting to get worried that he won't walk. 

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I have a friend whose daughter has autism that has low muscle tone and didn't walk until 21 months. I would try to contact a Children's hospital or outpatient therapy facility. What area are you located in? Maybe I can help you find a place to go. My son is in physical therapy and was a late walker. The most you can do is just keep working on exercises that strengthen them and help them stand. They get there in their own time. I'm sorry you're going through this

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM

BUMP!

Lionpride
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Contact general doctor for recommendations, if help is needed do what you have to ssa baby deserters it and people will help.

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I've talked to the doctor the only thing they have done is referred me to the physical therapist office. It's irritating..

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM

BUMP!

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

BUMP!

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Since he is not walking, you should do leg exercises for him to stretch them, so the muscles will not atrophy.
mamasloves
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM

have u tried walking him around furinture or up and down stairs?

jenniferv27
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM
My daughter is 16 months old. She didnt even start putting pressure on her legs until she was 11mo old. She now has to wear braces on her legs to help her walk. It won't be forever but for now she would not be able to walk with out,them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN