Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm suppose to be 26 wks along with my little lady, and well I went in for a OB appointment today and the midwife measured me and I measured 30 wks and we've had this issue before with me measuring 2-3 wks farther along... So she had me get an Ultrasound to check how far along I was... The baby measures at 26 wks But the Midwife knows I have small babies, So the Midwifes measurment is 30 wks and my OB has kept me at 26 wks! So a independent nurse told me to keep both in mind!! THATS A WHOLE MONTHS difference!!! lol IDK who's to go with at this point so I'm confused!!! Which do u all think I should go with or should I just split the difference and go with 28 wks? LOL My DD looks great and everything looks fine and is there another way I can see how developed she is or is 4 wks too close to tell any difference!?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
Tatertot912
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I always measured bigger too and my baby measured bigger too but he was perfect. I knew my lmp and was pretty sure of the date we conceived so I didn't worry too much. unless you have to have ac section, the best thing to do is wait for labor to happen on its own :-)
indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Yeah I have to have a c-section so I'm gonna go with my OB on this because he will be the one to deliver her! LOL

Quoting Tatertot912:

I always measured bigger too and my baby measured bigger too but he was perfect. I knew my lmp and was pretty sure of the date we conceived so I didn't worry too much. unless you have to have ac section, the best thing to do is wait for labor to happen on its own :-)

Tatertot912
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM
You probably won't get a choice in the matter then lol

Quoting indianamom1985:

Yeah I have to have a c-section so I'm gonna go with my OB on this because he will be the one to deliver her! LOL

Quoting Tatertot912:

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah thats what I figure! LOL

Quoting Tatertot912:

You probably won't get a choice in the matter then lol

Quoting indianamom1985:

Quoting Tatertot912:

mysticatgal
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I measured 6 weeks ahead at one point, that measurement doesn't mean too much other than another check for if something is wrong. Go with the first given due date
megrh
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I went 9 days past my due date and 3 different docs/midwives had estimated my son to be 7-8 lbs, he came out 5lb 9oz.... The midwife even told me that her estimate was just that and they weren't always very acurate. 

nikhola
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Personally, my babies were always big, and I carried a lot of water, so I always measured farther along than what I actually was (37 weeks I was measuring well into the 40's) but my dr. always went with what the original growth ultrasound determined. Good luck this kind of confusion is never fun.
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I would just be like either could be right you'll see when you have the baby

Phylis419
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM

hi and congratulations ... please keep in mind that an ultrasound and measuring is not always an accurate 100%. these come close to what is a supposed date. I would stay with date your obgyn gave you. Should you give birth a bit before or a bit after - no worries. As long as you are doing everything correct you will be fine. Enjoy your pregnancy. btw: I've worked in an OB/GYN office for many years the reason I stated what I stated. :-D

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Your first ultrasound due date is the most accurate date you will get. I'd stick with the 26 weeks. This baby could be laying a weird way causing u to measure bigger, u could be carrying more fluid too. There's now telling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN