Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm suppose to be 26 wks along with my little lady, and well I went in for a OB appointment today and the midwife measured me and I measured 30 wks and we've had this issue before with me measuring 2-3 wks farther along... So she had me get an Ultrasound to check how far along I was... The baby measures at 26 wks But the Midwife knows I have small babies, So the Midwifes measurment is 30 wks and my OB has kept me at 26 wks! So a independent nurse told me to keep both in mind!! THATS A WHOLE MONTHS difference!!! lol IDK who's to go with at this point so I'm confused!!! Which do u all think I should go with or should I just split the difference and go with 28 wks? LOL My DD looks great and everything looks fine and is there another way I can see how developed she is or is 4 wks too close to tell any difference!?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (21-23):
isaacsmommy68
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM

It is probably the fluid. The same thing happened to me. The next month I measured right where I was supposed to be again. He was born 10 days before my estimated due date. You still have a while to go :) I would not worry yet.

Quoting happymommy1105:

did they measure your fluid? 

what was the first due date they gave you?  the earlier the measurement the more accurate.  

i don't ever go with anything but what the first date they gave me was.  that's just me personally though.  

when was your last LMP?  what does that date give you?

RADmomma
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Honestly... Baby will come when baby is ready & the due date is just a guesstimation. So be prepared a few weeks early & remember that you could go later than expected.
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Quoting browncoat:

The midwife wants to change your due date by a month based in fundal height and an arbitrary guess based on the fact that you have had 'small babies'? I wouldn't go with that, personally. It seems weird that anyone would.

If you had a first trimester ultrasound, that's the best estimate. Or LMP, if that's fairly clear cut for you. But if you are supposed to be 26 weeks based on one of those, and baby is measuring 26 weeks by ultrasound, it sounds like you are 26 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)