Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Homeschool?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does anyone here homeschool? If so,  how do you like it? What curriculum do you use? We are new to the whole homeschooling thing. We're using Easy Peasy all in one homeschool. Can you tell me about your curriculum?

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Hi! I don't homeschool but have you checked out the Homeschooling Moms group on here yet? It's a pretty good place to get information, too:

Join us in the Homeschooling Moms group!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I do not.  I have a friend who does and she loves it!  I do not know what curriculum she uses though.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I homeschool and use Easy Peasy too! Did you just start recently? How old are your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:03 AM

My husband home schools our kids, he makes up his own curriculum. My children have never been in a brick and mortar school. I personally could not homeschool my kids past preschool.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont have the patience to homeschool..LOL

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:16 AM
This lol.

Quoting alexis_06:

i dont have the patience to homeschool..LOL

-Teeter-Totter-
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM
We just started (ours are little). We're using the starfall.com preschool curriculum and add in arts/ crafts and waldorfy extras from weefolkart.com's free prek/ k guides.

I also like milestonesacademy.com for inspiration. Love her site! :D
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I never homeschooled my children so I can't address that part of the situation, but I can say that if you decide to homeschool remember you are isolating your children from the rest of the world all during their school years. They will not learn the competition that it takes to survive in the world. When they finish school and step out into the big bad world what skills are they going to have to survive the first time something in life challenges them. I think homeschooling for the very primary years could possibly be an  asset but from about 4th grade on they should be in school with other children and different teachers where they will learn the difficulties of living in this busy competitive world. Give them the chance to learn the skills needed to survive daily life.

SummerMeadowMom
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Yes, we just started today and absolutely love it. I have 4,6,8 year old.

Quoting jconney80:

I homeschool and use Easy Peasy too! Did you just start recently? How old are your kids?

othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I don't home school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)