Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

love advice...

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 27 Replies
so I have been in a relationship for about 3 months. everything is going really good. we have so much in common and get along great. my the love my hair is that I am falling in love with him. I almost told him I loved him the other day but stopped myself because I was scared of how he would react to it. he has not said he loved me yet. my thing is do I tell him how I feel or wait for him to say it first? I am so scared of what he might say or how he would take it.... I am scared he will say something like thanks or its too soon..im confused!! I don't want to feel like a jackass.
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Welcome to the group! I'm not sure how to deal with this except wait for what feels like the right time.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Good luck though! How did you guys meet? If it's mutually serious I'd just try and see how he feels!
Luvlee_Red87
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I have known him for about 10 years he is my best friend's brother.
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Idk, Dh said it to me first. Good luck to you :)
funhappymom
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM

IDK either. Sorry but here's a bump.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

mysticatgal
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Mine also said it first. When you don't have to think of when should you say it, is probably the right time. It'll feel right and you won't be as worried.
KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM

You can lead up to it in small ways to such as "I just love the way you...."  "I love the time we spend together..." "You make me feel very happy..."  "My day is so incomplete until I'm with you..." "I love waking up next to you..." "I just love that about you..."   "I love looking at you...the way you touch me...the way you look at me..."  And on and on.

Let him get used to hearing that L word and who knows, maybe he'll say it first in the context you really want. 

You can always say it at a really hot moment during sex and then ignore that you've said it later.  When you say it under those circumstances , it doesn't really count anyway.  It only really counts outside of bed.

Mine said it first too, but I had been coaching him for a while. Sometimes guys need a little help sorting out their feelings.

heather77g
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM

That is a hard one, because you dont want to come out and say something without being 100% sure. I wonder what stops him from saying it to you. Maybe tell him that you adore him if that will help. 

My now husband would always tell me that he adored me before he ever said he loved me :)

NikkiNicoleX2
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Too soon

Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM

If you feel that saying it is going to change the dynamics of the relationships then you should probably wait until you are comfortable saying it or until he says it! Holidays are coming up, ppl are more expressive, a couple weeks won't hurt :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN