Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Urban Legends And Scary Stories

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does your town/city have any urban legends or scary stories that circle the community? Any abandoned houses with mysterious origins that people walk a little quicker past? Or stories that have been passed down for generations? Does your community have a resident spook?

It's the season for spooks and hauntings so share your stories if you dare!

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:11 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM

That's really cool!
Not sure but maybe :)

Hadadat
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We have a few lost souls that haunt our city. They even set up a spirit tour you can take to visit all the known hot spots.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM
not sure about where I live now but I do know where I grew up had a lot of em
Hadadat
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Where did you grow up? Was it an older town?

When I was in San Francisco for college, there were LOTS of stories from its history with the Gold Rush and the great floods of people immigrating to America. Lots of spooky houses too!

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

When we went to Cape May, NJ, we went on a ghost tour to see all of the haunted spots and places where the ghosts hang out.  It was pretty fun!  They have a lot of ghosts in Cape May!

Hadadat
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM

That sounds awesome! I bet the east coast, having been established beforeour west coast, has ghouls and stories galore!

Quoting Cafe Robin:

When we went to Cape May, NJ, we went on a ghost tour to see all of the haunted spots and places where the ghosts hang out.  It was pretty fun!  They have a lot of ghosts in Cape May!

Hadadat
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM

We have a resident ghost in what was a hotel, that's how a shopping center. He died in the 1950's after throwing himself off the roof of the then California Hotel. We also have an old Fox Theater that has lights that flicker and voices heard throughout the hallways.

KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Alligators in the NYC sewer system.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I grew up in Ogden Utah. There is a train station there that is extremely haunted. You can even get a group together n stay the night. Also a graveyard is severely haunted Ive witnessed the graveyard myself lol

Quoting Hadadat:

Where did you grow up? Was it an older town?

When I was in San Francisco for college, there were LOTS of stories from its history with the Gold Rush and the great floods of people immigrating to America. Lots of spooky houses too!

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah our city has quite a few ghost tours because there is a ton of history here. There are way too many urban legends to list lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN