Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hello! :)

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
My husbands children are five and six. The older child is the girl/artist, and the five year old is a boy/astronaut :). They are both incredible and a happy new addition to my life. Having separate homes, and separate rules have been a very big challenge. Their mother is not willing to cooperate on any level.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Welcome to the group! Five and six can be tough anyway, but adding to it having a stepmom and different rules at the two houses can definitely make it harder. Have you talked to your husband about it?

I bet the moms on the Stepmom Central group would also have some advice for you:

Join us in Stepmom Central

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Welcome and Hi!  I have the same battle.  We have four boys: 6.5, 6, 3, almost 2.  The easiest thing to do is remind the kids that they need to follow your house rules when they are in your house.  Trust me, it is not easy.  We are going on three years as a blended family and still struggling at times.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Do they live with you full time?
Nice to meet you :)

Reina13
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Welcome to the group.  I think your DH and their mom need to have a sit down and discuss the expectations when they are at your home.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Welcome to the group! How old are your kids? I bet that has to be difficult!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)