Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A little help please. Mini update in blue.

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

So, I have a job interview on Monday. This will only be my second job interview ever, what should I wear? What would you wear? I just need some opinions and feedback. I'm excited but a little nervous too.

So, the interview went good. I had to fill out another application because the one I had filled out before was over 30 days old. The manager told me how much I would be making and what hours I would be working. She also explained the job duties to me. She asked when I would be able to start, and I told her by the end of this week. She then asked if Monday would be good, and I told her it would be. At the end of the interview, she said that she would be running a background check, and that hopefully she would be calling me soon. The other girl who works in there, use to be my cube mate at my old job. She messaged me tonight on Facebook, and said that everything was looking good for me, and that she was keeping her fingers crossed for me. That's all I know for now, but I will update again when I hear from them, Everybody please continue to wish good luck and good thoughts. Thanks. 

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM
What kind of job is it?
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Business dressy. Black slacks and a nice top or a suit if you have one. Don't go too over the top, but you want to look professional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tootiex3
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I always wear nice dress pants, shirt, and shoes. Regardless of who the job is with. I've had many employers not even notice it was me..lol. Just something along the lines of business casual always is a safe bet. Good luck and congrats!
kayco2013
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Dress pants and a nice top. Not a lot of jewlery stick to one ring and no dangling bracelets or earrings. Nothing too bright either. 

Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Customer service office job, they always dress business casual when I go in there.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

What kind of job is it?

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I wore a suit when I interviewed for a job like that. If you don't have one, dress pants and a nice shirt. Dress a little better than you would regularly if you worked there.

Quoting Mrs.Jones2314:

Customer service office job, they always dress business casual when I go in there.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

What kind of job is it?

Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but I'm glad you've had a job that is similar, and you agree.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I wore a suit when I interviewed for a job like that. If you don't have one, dress pants and a nice shirt. Dress a little better than you would regularly if you worked there.

Quoting Mrs.Jones2314:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

What kind of job is it?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Dress pants or skirt .. good luck & let us know how it goes ;)

Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I will, thanks.

Quoting hugss:

Dress pants or skirt .. good luck & let us know how it goes ;)

CaliBeachBabies
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Business casual, and remember your makeup! Don't be clownish.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN