Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A little help please. Mini update in blue.

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I have a job interview on Monday. This will only be my second job interview ever, what should I wear? What would you wear? I just need some opinions and feedback. I'm excited but a little nervous too.

So, the interview went good. I had to fill out another application because the one I had filled out before was over 30 days old. The manager told me how much I would be making and what hours I would be working. She also explained the job duties to me. She asked when I would be able to start, and I told her by the end of this week. She then asked if Monday would be good, and I told her it would be. At the end of the interview, she said that she would be running a background check, and that hopefully she would be calling me soon. The other girl who works in there, use to be my cube mate at my old job. She messaged me tonight on Facebook, and said that everything was looking good for me, and that she was keeping her fingers crossed for me. That's all I know for now, but I will update again when I hear from them, Everybody please continue to wish good luck and good thoughts. Thanks. 

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Replies (11-13):
mysticatgal
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Suit up! One thing I read is something a level nicer than you see them wearing.
trainlady
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends on what type of job you are going to interview for. But make it neat and well fitting and make it show respect to the person interviewing you. If you are a female don't wear too much makeup. Don't go overboard in anything including perfume. Most people don't realize how strong the perfume is coming off of them and a lot of people are allergic to it so cut way back on that or don't wear any at all. Wear you hair neat. If you are a girl and wear it up don't exaggerate it. You are there to talk about the job but not outshine the interview or the interviewer. Make everything sensible whether man or woman.
Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN