Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question for Atheist

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 61 Replies
Ok so I never post in here. But I've been wondering this and would like lots of answers
If you as an atheist don't believe in God or Heaven or Hell.
What do you feel happens after someone dies?
Do you believe recreation,after life,or thats it nothing more that's the end.
Asking because not to offended anyone people have a right to believe whatever they want I just find it kinda sad if you believe that's just the end.
Thanks reading and answering
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IhartU
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

Ok so I never post in here. But I've been wondering this and would like lots of answers
Asking because not to offended anyone people have a right to believe whatever they want I just find it kinda sad if you believe that's just the end.
The scientific response is that we decay and cease to exist. What I personally believe is that because all living things are made of energy and energy never dies, that part of us simply returns to the natural world around us and our bodies decay and return to the earth. I don't get why you feel just dying and there being nothing is so sad. Why be so arrogant and sefish with a misplaced view of self worth to not only want THIS life but another life after this one? Everything dies, so appreciate the one life you do have and stop wanting another.

Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Thank you for ur response I like the return energy thing I don't find that believe sad because you believe the energy of a loved one is still out there somewhere
As for you feeling I'm arrogant and selfish that's fine I just don't want to believe that my loved ones aren't somewhere out there watching over me and are just decayed nothingness that is what I feel is sad

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

The
scientific response is that we decay and cease to exist. What I
personally believe is that because all living things are made of energy
and energy never dies, that part of us simply returns to the natural world around us and our bodies decay and return to the earth. I don't get why you feel just dying and there being nothing is so sad. Why be so arrogant and sefish with a misplaced view of self worth to not only want THIS life but another life after this one? Everything dies, so appreciate the one life you do have and stop wanting another.

Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Well at least I got one response
strontium
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM
3 moms liked this

I believe when you die... thats it. nothing. Total blackness... All thoughts and feelings stop and its like you never even existed. I do not think you are aware of anything after you die. 

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is an athiest and believes when you die, you die. Your brain ceases to work, thoughts are absent, there is nothing but the process of decay to begin.

Jessa, mama to:

Alyssa(12), Autumn(11), Mariah(10), Matthew(9), Blake(7), Laila(4), Athena(1), Sage(m/c 4/13), and our newest pumpkin EDD 03/23/14!!!

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM
6 moms liked this

There is a difference between an Atheist and an Agnostic. I am an Agnostic. I believe in a supreme being but I don't believe in man made religion. I believe that religion was created to control the masses. To me I believe if you really think about it someone or something had to create us in the beginning, so I believe in the Supreme Being. An Atheist believes that there is no God or Supreme Being no  nothing. So my question to them is "where did we come from?"

Hadadat
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

The scientific response is that we decay and cease to exist. What I personally believe is that because all living things are made of energy and energy never dies, that part of us simply returns to the natural world around us and our bodies decay and return to the earth. I don't get why you feel just dying and there being nothing is so sad. Why be so arrogant and sefish with a misplaced view of self worth to not only want THIS life but another life after this one? Everything dies, so appreciate the one life you do have and stop wanting another.

This! Exactly.

cleigh717
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I cudnt have said it betr myself. Thanks! Bump!

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

The
scientific response is that we decay and cease to exist. What I
personally believe is that because all living things are made of energy
and energy never dies, that part of us simply returns to the natural world around us and our bodies decay and return to the earth. I don't get why you feel just dying and there being nothing is so sad. Why be so arrogant and sefish with a misplaced view of self worth to not only want THIS life but another life after this one? Everything dies, so appreciate the one life you do have and stop wanting another.

cleigh717
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Is that really relevant? I beleive if our soul doesnt recreate, we go from hence we came. apart of the earth, one with the universe. I do beleive that we r spiritual beings living a human existance. I do think that your beliefs color you death experience but once it happens thats it. A lot of ppl see their loved ones who have passed on welcoming them home and that could be apart some mechanism in the brain. I find near-death experiences very fascinating. It seems most people have very similar experiences so its safe to make the assumption it happens to everyone .

Quoting trainlady:

There is a difference between an Atheist and an Agnostic. I am an Agnostic. I believe in a supreme being but I don't believe in man made religion. I believe that religion was created to control the masses. To me I believe if you really think about it someone or something had to create us in the beginning, so I believe in the Supreme Being. An Atheist believes that there is no God or Supreme Being no  nothing. So my question to them is "where did we come from?"

-Teeter-Totter-
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I find the "you want a physicist to speak at your funeral" speech very beautiful and comforting.

You can google it or maybe someone can make a clicky to it-it's lovely :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)