Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ok so I never post in here. But I've been wondering this and would like lots of answers
If you as an atheist don't believe in God or Heaven or Hell.
What do you feel happens after someone dies?
Do you believe recreation,after life,or thats it nothing more that's the end.
Asking because not to offended anyone people have a right to believe whatever they want I just find it kinda sad if you believe that's just the end.
Thanks reading and answering
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Thanks ladies
veggiemom474
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I believe in science. We don't know for sure what happens when we die, and I fully accept that. So, I don't "believe" in anything we don't know as a fact.

Sure, believing your going some where like heaven can make someone feel good, but its also selfish to be a good person just to assure yourself a spot in heaven. Atheist's, on the other hand, are inspired to be good just because. We have this one life, we need to live it out as best as possible. We don't live for the after life. We live for today. And there is nothing sad about that!

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I believe that our energy is released from our bodies and joined with the collective energy of the universe at which time it is recycled in to new life.

IhartU
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting trainlady:

There is a difference between an Atheist and an Agnostic. I am an Agnostic. I believe in a supreme being but I don't believe in man made religion. I believe that religion was created to control the masses. To me I believe if you really think about it someone or something had to create us in the beginning, so I believe in the Supreme Being. An Atheist believes that there is no God or Supreme Being no  nothing. So my question to them is "where did we come from?"

This Atheist really doesn't care where we came from. Sooner or later, I expect science to answer that exact question and until then, I'm happy not knowing. I feel no overwhelming desire to place 'god' in the blank just to have an answer.

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I never understood how God answers the question of "where did we come from?" It really only shifts the questions to "Where did God come from?" I believe God is a metaphor for the life force that is in all of us.

Quoting trainlady:

There is a difference between an Atheist and an Agnostic. I am an Agnostic. I believe in a supreme being but I don't believe in man made religion. I believe that religion was created to control the masses. To me I believe if you really think about it someone or something had to create us in the beginning, so I believe in the Supreme Being. An Atheist believes that there is no God or Supreme Being no  nothing. So my question to them is "where did we come from?"

Tairy-Hesticles
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
When you die, you die. That's it.

But if believing there is more makes you feel better about death, then think what you want. It's not sad at all.
kattcooper
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i believe you just die. There is no scientific proof of anything happening to you after death so until I can believe something that is the actual truth, ill believe you just die. 

kattcooper
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Evolution... It has been proven.

Quoting trainlady:

maria1613
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly i believe that we all either go into a hole in the ground or are cremated and we are either spread somewhere, put in the ground, or kept on a shelf somewhere. No more no less.
Jammin.
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Where did we come from before that? What did we evolve from?

Quoting kattcooper:

Evolution... It has been proven.

Quoting trainlady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)