Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ok so I never post in here. But I've been wondering this and would like lots of answers
If you as an atheist don't believe in God or Heaven or Hell.
What do you feel happens after someone dies?
Do you believe recreation,after life,or thats it nothing more that's the end.
Asking because not to offended anyone people have a right to believe whatever they want I just find it kinda sad if you believe that's just the end.
Thanks reading and answering
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
kattcooper
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, or care really.   All I know is that a woman did not come from a rib of a man. 

Quoting Jammin.:

Where did we come from before that? What did we evolve from?

Quoting kattcooper:

Evolution... It has been proven.

Quoting trainlady:

There is a difference between an Atheist and an Agnostic. I am an Agnostic. I believe in a supreme being but I don't believe in man made religion. I believe that religion was created to control the masses. To me I believe if you really think about it someone or something had to create us in the beginning, so I believe in the Supreme Being. An Atheist believes that there is no God or Supreme Being no  nothing. So my question to them is "where did we come from?"

Jammin.
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I think very few Christians actually believe thats where humans came from, after the age of maybe 10.

Quoting kattcooper:

I don't know, or care really.   All I know is that a woman did not come from a rib of a man. 

Quoting Jammin.:

Quoting kattcooper:

Quoting trainlady:

There is a difference between an Atheist and an Agnostic. I am an Agnostic. I believe in a supreme being but I don't believe in man made religion. I believe that religion was created to control the masses. To me I believe if you really think about it someone or something had to create us in the beginning, so I believe in the Supreme Being. An Atheist believes that there is no God or Supreme Being no  nothing. So my question to them is "where did we come from?"

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing. I believe a person's ”spirit” is a mix of life experience and chemical/genetic makeup, not some free-floating being just looking for a body. That said, I don't necessarily think that's the end. You live on as a memory, the things you did in your life continue to effect others in various ways. So it isn't as if you never were - you just aren't any longer. Your life is still important.

It isn't really sad. In thinking what we have now is IT, I am less likely to take it for granted. I live in the moment rather than waiting for a potential future to happen.
CBMMOM
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting trainlady:

So if your philosophy is that there must be a supreme being to explain where we came from, how do explain where this supreme being came from? A supremer being?

kattcooper
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That may be true, but most of the religious people I know are brainwashed at such a young age that they actually believe most of that fictional book is true. Life on earth for all living things began 3 billion years ago, slowly over time people/things/animals evolve.  Science will soon be able to prove exactly what we evolved from and when. 

Quoting Jammin.:

I think very few Christians actually believe thats where humans came from, after the age of maybe 10.

Quoting kattcooper:

Quoting Jammin.:

Quoting kattcooper:

Quoting trainlady:

paigea
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe we decay into the earth, and new life grows from the earth. 

lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I believe we just die and our energy returns to the world.
I'd love to believe in heaven and that my husband is up there watching over us, seeing our kids grow up, but logically it makes no sense to me. It's just not something I can believe in even though I'd like to.
AmberWetrosky
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I've always wondered what the heck the difference is between an Agnostic and an Atheist. I was raised up in a Christian-ish environment, but sadly never learned much about anyone else. :( Thank you or sharing.
To me, raising my babies up without a good foundation on ALL OF IT, and a passive perception that THEIR belief is supreme and all other beliefs are "sad" certainly is arrogant.
I really like what this person had to say about energy. Because it's true. From a biological perspective, our spirit is energy. Energy cannot just STOP.
As for Christianity v. Agnosticism, this battle has owned my thoughts over the last few years. I'm glad I happened upon this gem of a topic.

Quoting trainlady:

AmberWetrosky
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Words escape me, but damn... You hit the nail on the head there!!

(My condolences btw)

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

I believe we just die and our energy returns to the world.

I'd love to believe in heaven and that my husband is up there watching over us, seeing our kids grow up, but logically it makes no sense to me. It's just not something I can believe in even though I'd like to.

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I am a non-deist Pagan and if you combine this with IhartU's answer you'll be very lose to my own beliefs.

Quoting Heisenberg:

I believe that our energy is released from our bodies and joined with the collective energy of the universe at which time it is recycled in to new life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)