Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

please be honest.... what do you think?

Posted by   + Show Post

so my son just turned 3, and has long hair, we love it, but he is ALWAYS being called a girl, we never put him in nutral clothing, but it never fail, it is always she is so cute, or you got 3 pretty girls, aweee look at her, my 2 girls are 6 almost 6, and 8, and they dont think twice with sayind he is a boy, i just let it go and carry on with what I am doing with a quick thanks, or a simple oh he is a boy, but it is gettin so old, I dont really want to cut it, but I am leaning that way, what would you do?

this is one from a year ago, but i really like it

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
This. The bangs are very girly. I can see how people could get confused.

Quoting happymommy1105:

he is cute but he does have bangs cut and it is a girl hair cut.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m_d7221
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I am crazy bout the hats on him lol, and we keep his bangs down in his face, we had them almost as long as the rest, but we took him and got his hair cut and told them take a inch to inch and half off, they took 3 off, nd then it wasn't straight in the front and he ended up with bangs, that was the most upset I had been, they are growing back, he has had 3 hair cut/trims done
Quoting pinkcsmtlgy:

With the hats on he looks like a boy. But without imo he looks more like a girl. I think it's the bangs. If he didn't have the bangs even with long hair I think he would look more boyish. And may I add he is just cute as a button.

Buggy979
by Danette on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
He needs a hair cut. You do not give boys bangs. Odd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coffeeexpress
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I would leave it how you like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I get the same thing with my dd. everyone says "he's adorable" or "he's so cute". I feel your frustration. I usually just say SHE is this age, or my oldest dd (6) pipes up with..."yeah she's my sister" ...

But if you like his hair & he likes it... Leave it. It's not their kid, not their concern. Try not to let it get to you.
AllyB_
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

people call Matty a girl because he likes necklaces and Minnie Mouse. Literally, he's in an entire boy outfit (shorts and a boys tank top with baseballs on it, short hair) and he was wearing a purple necklace and someone called him a girl and he was like "...... I'm not a girl?" it was funny.

I don't think it matters honestly, if you like his hair keep it long, if he likes it, keep it long

m_d7221
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM

we are working on growing them out, they were as long as the rest of it, well as long as the sides, and we took him and had it cut and the lady ended up messing it up, and there was no way at the time I was cutting it all off, right now they are in the middle of his eyes, so we try to keep it pushed to the side 

Quoting Buggy979:

He needs a hair cut. You do not give boys bangs. Odd

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

my son is 8 and has never had a hair cut...do what makes you happy until he can decide for himself...he is adorable

m_d7221
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM

this was him with long hair, and very little bangs, then I went to a salon and this is what happened when I said I ONLY want 1 to 1 and a half inches taken off, she had it uneven and by time she did this side and that, this is how he looked and yes I let her know it was way more off then I wanted

jenesis509
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
He looks like a girl in the first two pictures
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)