Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

please be honest.... what do you think?

Posted by   + Show Post

so my son just turned 3, and has long hair, we love it, but he is ALWAYS being called a girl, we never put him in nutral clothing, but it never fail, it is always she is so cute, or you got 3 pretty girls, aweee look at her, my 2 girls are 6 almost 6, and 8, and they dont think twice with sayind he is a boy, i just let it go and carry on with what I am doing with a quick thanks, or a simple oh he is a boy, but it is gettin so old, I dont really want to cut it, but I am leaning that way, what would you do?

this is one from a year ago, but i really like it

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
m_d7221
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:18 PM

it will not let me add another pic for some reason, so I cant get the one right after hair cut up

Bellavy
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM
He's a boy let him be a boy. Cut his hair!
m_d7221
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM
4 moms liked this

so how is him having long hair not letting him be a boy? it isnt up in pig tails or having a bow in it? he plays in the dirt, plays with boy trucks, is told no to nail polish, oh and pees standing up... pretty sure I am allowing him to be a boy 

Quoting Bellavy:

m_d7221
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM

aweee none of my kids got curly hair, I wish, man by 8 i think my sons would b to his feet, lol it grows pretty good

Quoting shivasgirl:

my son is 8 and has never had a hair cut...do what makes you happy until he can decide for himself...he is adorable

Amybelle
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM

She's Cute!!

(sorry, I couldn't resisit)

cbear2
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
My brothers x wife is native american(indian?) Idk proper term. But she.refused to.cut their hair n my brother.finally did it per many requests from the boys. They got teased n bullied so bad in school for their hair (and they go school on the reservation) the were so proud of their hair cuts but sad mom cried. Now they are older n grow it out chop it n whatever.they.wNna do. Its a personal choice.for.the.parents, jus please remember if it makes school harder n he no longer wants it to hear him n listen, no kid should have to be.so bullied ober something so trivial.
Your son is a cutie n young eniff right now follow ur heart.
Bellavy
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Apparently he has long hair and people mistaking him for a girl. I'm sure his friends make fun of his hair more or less. You asked what would I do? That's what I would do cut his hair!

Quoting m_d7221:

so how is him having long hair not letting him be a boy? it isnt up in pig tails or having a bow in it? he plays in the dirt, plays with boy trucks, is told no to nail polish, oh and pees standing up... pretty sure I am allowing him to be a boy 

Quoting Bellavy:

Meladonis
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Keep it long untill he wants it cut. You might also try different hair styles.

m_d7221
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:39 PM

nah he just turned 3 so no one makes fun, if he ever wants it cut or long it will ALWAYS be up to him, but for now he is a toddler and hates for you to mess with his hair, so when asked if he wants to get it cut, he yells NNOOOOOO no cut me hair

Quoting Bellavy:

Apparently he has long hair and people mistaking him for a girl. I'm sure his friends make fun of his hair more or less. You asked what would I do? That's what I would do cut his hair!

Quoting m_d7221:

Quoting Bellavy:

m_d7221
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Dad or I would NEVER allow that, if he ever wants it cut it is up to him, aside from like mohawk type stuff lol then he will wait till he is grown, lol, but nah right now he isnt in school or anything and so we havent had any kid type problems

Quoting cbear2:

My brothers x wife is native american(indian?) Idk proper term. But she.refused to.cut their hair n my brother.finally did it per many requests from the boys. They got teased n bullied so bad in school for their hair (and they go school on the reservation) the were so proud of their hair cuts but sad mom cried. Now they are older n grow it out chop it n whatever.they.wNna do. Its a personal choice.for.the.parents, jus please remember if it makes school harder n he no longer wants it to hear him n listen, no kid should have to be.so bullied ober something so trivial.
Your son is a cutie n young eniff right now follow ur heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)