Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

please be honest.... what do you think?

Posted by   + Show Post

so my son just turned 3, and has long hair, we love it, but he is ALWAYS being called a girl, we never put him in nutral clothing, but it never fail, it is always she is so cute, or you got 3 pretty girls, aweee look at her, my 2 girls are 6 almost 6, and 8, and they dont think twice with sayind he is a boy, i just let it go and carry on with what I am doing with a quick thanks, or a simple oh he is a boy, but it is gettin so old, I dont really want to cut it, but I am leaning that way, what would you do?

this is one from a year ago, but i really like it

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM

his is to the middle of his back, but it's to his butt crack when wet and straight

Quoting m_d7221:

aweee none of my kids got curly hair, I wish, man by 8 i think my sons would b to his feet, lol it grows pretty good

Quoting shivasgirl:

my son is 8 and has never had a hair cut...do what makes you happy until he can decide for himself...he is adorable

annie82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Cues his hair......I hate males with long hair......boys or men UGH!!

Croissants
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Just cut his hair,he is cute!

CaliBeachBabies
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM
If you don't like the implications, or can't defend him, then cut his hair.
HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM
To be honest I would think girl. My youngest loved boy clothes at that age so the clothes wouldn't really sway my judgement. Although I'd probably say "kid" or "baby" just to be safe. I think it's the bangs that really makes me think girl.

If I were you I'd leave it unless he is bothered by being called a girl though.
Bellavy
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Well, if he enjoys his long hair that much, then I just leave it who cares what other people think.

Quoting m_d7221:

nah he just turned 3 so no one makes fun, if he ever wants it cut or long it will ALWAYS be up to him, but for now he is a toddler and hates for you to mess with his hair, so when asked if he wants to get it cut, he yells NNOOOOOO no cut me hair

Quoting Bellavy:

Apparently he has long hair and people mistaking him for a girl. I'm sure his friends make fun of his hair more or less. You asked what would I do? That's what I would do cut his hair!

Quoting m_d7221:

so how is him having long hair not letting him be a boy? it isnt up in pig tails or having a bow in it? he plays in the dirt, plays with boy trucks, is told no to nail polish, oh and pees standing up... pretty sure I am allowing him to be a boy 

Quoting Bellavy:

He's a boy let him be a boy. Cut his hair!

m_d7221
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM

yea I really wish I could make them grow all the way out lol in time I know, but we were so upset when she cut them like that, I mean he had a few before she cut, but it was justh te baby hair that was still coming threw

Quoting HIJKLM:

To be honest I would think girl. My youngest loved boy clothes at that age so the clothes wouldn't really sway my judgement. Although I'd probably say "kid" or "baby" just to be safe. I think it's the bangs that really makes me think girl.

If I were you I'd leave it unless he is bothered by being called a girl though.

morseallison
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM

If you didn't dress him in boy clothing I would think he was a girl but if he likes his hair then keep it long. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

m_d7221
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM

it is all he is ever know, so I cant say he is crazy about long hair you know what I mean, however he cant stand for you to mess with it, he gets mad when I brush it, lol but it is so fine it never gets tangles, I am glad it is turning cold as we can go back to beany type hats and the bangs can grow on out over winte, that is if we dont get it cut but he is thor for halloween lol so we will see after that

Quoting Bellavy:

Well, if he enjoys his long hair that much, then I just leave it who cares what other people think.

Quoting m_d7221:

nah he just turned 3 so no one makes fun, if he ever wants it cut or long it will ALWAYS be up to him, but for now he is a toddler and hates for you to mess with his hair, so when asked if he wants to get it cut, he yells NNOOOOOO no cut me hair

Quoting Bellavy:

Apparently he has long hair and people mistaking him for a girl. I'm sure his friends make fun of his hair more or less. You asked what would I do? That's what I would do cut his hair!

Quoting m_d7221:

so how is him having long hair not letting him be a boy? it isnt up in pig tails or having a bow in it? he plays in the dirt, plays with boy trucks, is told no to nail polish, oh and pees standing up... pretty sure I am allowing him to be a boy 

Quoting Bellavy:

He's a boy let him be a boy. Cut his hair!

adt87
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe cut it now but let it grow out again when he's older and has a more boyish face?? He's very cute but I thought it was a girl before I read the post.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN